DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy....

Well... I'm getting ready to do a bit of clean up of the install and want to ask if it were you, Where would you install a SWM 16.... Outside buy the dish, Or inside the media equipment closet where all of the recivers are.

This will be the forth change of systems in 10 years. Its a bit cluttered and it all needs to get re-organised. So I'll rip it all out and start over.

Here is the closet before I took out the last of the Dish Network stuff. Needless to say there is alot of surpluss wiring & coax no longer used

So Help me out and let me know your choices....

I'll post another picture later as I get it all done....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys....

I'm leaning to put my swm16 in the closet where the Dpp44's where before. Running the cables thru the wall instead of the exterior. Can't stand exposed wiring. Anyway, I'm close to 45 feet to the dish so I guess that is at the high end on the length.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
grcooperjr said:
Thanks for the feedback guys....

I'm leaning to put my swm16 in the closet where the Dpp44's where before. Running the cables thru the wall instead of the exterior. Can't stand exposed wiring. Anyway, I'm close to 45 feet to the dish so I guess that is at the high end on the length.

Thanks again
45' shouldn't be an issue.
The more coax loss between the dish and the SWiM, the less the SWiM can compensate for rainfade loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.