DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Godfather
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching patiently as programming has moved to 99/101/103 so at some point, I should be able to take down the dishes aimed at 110 and 119.

There are only 3 xsponders left alive on 110 and there are 7 left on 119 while there are 18 open on 99c and 18 open on 103c and D12 waits in the wings.

When will 110 and 119 go dark?

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
We don't expect 110 or 119 to go totally dark any time soon. Most customer won't need to see them but they aren't going away. It is expected that they will be hosting mainly international content in place of the Mpeg2 hd channels that are currently there. There will probably be sd locals off 119 for a while also.

I assume you use some sort of multidish setup to get around LOS issues. Unless you get a SL3 or a swm it is still recommended to keep 119 active because it is still used for guide data when tuned to any of the channels coming from 103. It will work but can cause some guide data related issues if you spend too much time on a channel coming from 103.

· Hall Of Fame
1,779 Posts
You are not getting any new programming on 110 &119.
You could cut them off now except for some concerns re guide data on 119 for DVR scheduling.
I know your setup and I'd recommend getting an SWM-8 and placing that at the inputs inside your house and be done with the 110/119 dish.

Doctor j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.