DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first bill was (as expected) for 2 months of service. I thought the second bill would have come out a month from the first but that date is now overdue. The first bill said for service from Nov 03 to Jan 02 so I expected that an online check would show new charges by now, but nothing yet. Is the second bill going to come soon, or do I have another month to wait? Just curious.

CM

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
charlesm said:
... The first bill said for service from Nov 03 to Jan 02 so I expected that an online check would show new charges by now, but nothing yet. Is the second bill going to come soon, or do I have another month to wait? Just curious.
So your next Bill will be for Jan 3 to Feb 2nd - bit early now.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SaltiDawg said:
So your next Bill will be for Jan 3 to Feb 2nd - bit early now.
Thats the question. I thought they kept a month ahead, essentially keeping a month's deposit. So January service would be due beginning of December. This is what I thought was going to happen when I signed up. But last month they had the charges posted by now. Not to say they still couldn't, but it occured to me that they might wait because I had paid double on the first bill (although certainly not what I would expect them to do and an odd practice if they do - in effect charging twice then skipping a month?).

* By the way I didn't call billing because , well I've seen the reactions here to their service department replies and didn't expect a good reliable answer to a question like this.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
charlesm said:
Thats the question. I thought they kept a month ahead, essentially keeping a month's deposit. So January service would be due beginning of December.
If your billing period runs from the 3rd through the 2nd, you should expect DISH to generate a bill on the 16th of each month. You'll be able to view that bill the next day (Dec 17th) and it will cover 3-Jan thru 2-Feb. It should be DUE on the 6th, so you pay by about 3 days after the current period has started. The DUE day of the month may move a day, but the point was that when the due date occurs, you have already started the period that it covers - it is the "current" month, paid in advance. Don't expect to see anything online until the 17th, and a mailed bill will arrive several days later.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
My billing cycle runs from around the 15th to 15th of each month (days change a little each month but roughly mid-month to mid-month)... and my payments are usually due around the 25th of a month.

My last bill, for instance, that was due back on 11/25 covered service from 11/14 through 12/14 or something like that... so it isn't quite a month in advance for me, though I am paying for the future.

Typically I receive the bill about the time the previous cycle would have ended (my last bill arrived around 11/13 or so)...

If any of that helps you figure out your billing cycle, glad to be of help.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
charlesm said:
My first bill was (as expected) for 2 months of service. I thought the second bill would have come out a month from the first but that date is now overdue. The first bill said for service from Nov 03 to Jan 02 so I expected that an online check would show new charges by now, but nothing yet. Is the second bill going to come soon, or do I have another month to wait? Just curious.

CM
Had the samething happen! Never received a bill for month3, but did get one for month 3 & 4 during month 4 that showed month 3 was OVERDUE. If things keep up like this, it will be a short reign with E*....I will go back to D.

·
Legend
214 Posts
dhageremtp said:
Had the samething happen! Never received a bill for month3, but did get one for month 3 & 4 during month 4 that showed month 3 was OVERDUE. If things keep up like this, it will be a short reign with E*....I will go back to D.
HeHe, oh man you guys have it easy with DISH. When i signed up for Suddenlink cable last month (which didn't last long) I had to pay $126 upfront to the guy installing it for my month of service. This was Nov. 7th 2006. On November 21st I get a bill for $8.60, call them and pay it. It's all good but then on November 27th I get a bill for $125.00. Yeah that isn't even the kicker, my bill was 30 days overdue when I only had cable for 20 days.

How do you pay your bill online/paperless (Junk Email folder ate billing invoice?) or paper? (misplaced bill) Sometimes that happens and then DISH could of sent it out and it got lost in the mail. Usually they let you go two months overdue, so if it was me i'd let it slide but if it happened again i'd complain about it to DISH. I've never really had a bad CSR experience with DISH, just NPS over the last few days about those 5000 ranged channels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.