DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me how long it usually takes for everyone to get the new software upgrades? I still haven't received the new 153 as of yet. I've been looking forward to caller id and search for a long time on my 501. Another question is the caller id both name and number call id or just does it just display the number only. Will if display called id info if the phone rings while I am watching a recorded event or does it only work while watching live programming? Thank you.

·
AllStar
86 Posts
EchoStar usually sends the software upgrades out in batches, upgrading several thousands of receivers at a time. Supposedly, if they upgraded everyone at the same time, they would get too many customers phoning in to their call centers.

There is no way to force an upgrade, you just have to wait until it's your turn. Some software revisions have taken over two weeks (after someone first reported receiving it) for my501 to get the upgrade.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
I'm usually one of the last to get the upgrade to. :(
I really dont expect to get mine, based on past upgrades, till the first of next week. Here's your answer to Caller ID.

Caller ID:

Transparent Banner at the bottom of the screen
Name: xxxxxxxxx
Tel: xxxxxxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.