DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I upgrade my Tivos now and have problems with a new HR20 and they swap it out, does that mean my 2 yr.commitment starts all over again? Or is the 2 yr. commitment from day one only? If not,every time you have a problem with an HR20 you would be on the hook for ever!

Vid53

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
vid53 said:
If I upgrade my Tivos now and have problems with a new HR20 and they swap it out, does that mean my 2 yr.commitment starts all over again? Or is the 2 yr. commitment from day one only? If not,every time you have a problem with an HR20 you would be on the hook for ever!

Vid53
Who knows, but I will tell you what I did. First there was no swap, you probably want to keep that box as a backup unit at least. Second, and granted I have had my hr20 from since Sep, I documented my bugs with the level 2 support, transfered to retention and we came to an agreement about the problems I was having and that I was willing to give them some time to try to fix the software bugs, but if they could not in a few months I could get out of my commitment. They agreed and noted my account.

·
Legend
332 Posts
I had a HDD failure on my HR10-250 about three months ago that I had purchased from D* over a year ago and they offered to replace it with another HR10 for $19.95 shipping and a 2 year comittment.

Jumped on that deal..

J C

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
vid53 said:

Vid53
If either side in a contract fails to deliver the agreed upon "consideration", then there is no contract, hence no committment. D*'s consideration is a properly working box. As btmoore noted, if you are clear and firm, you can get out of anything if D* has "materially" failed to deliver. Where there's a will, there's a way, just don't take "no" for an answer. They don't have a leg to stand on with a mal-performing HR20.

That said, mine works very well, and has for the 15 weeks that I've had it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.