DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Mentor
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be one of DTV's biggest bonehead moves to date (of many). Any idea when we are going to get AMCHD? At this point I'm thinking of canceling the season and waiting for it on Blu-Ray in 6 months.:mad:

· Godfather
332 Posts
fjcastro said:
This has to be one of DTV's biggest bonehead moves to date (of many). Any idea when we are going to get AMCHD? At this point I'm thinking of canceling the season and waiting for it on Blu-Ray in 6 months.:mad:
I know it has been rumored and there is even an email to that effect BUT are we sure that AMC will not be in HD on D* this year?

· Godfather
385 Posts
I can't see how this is their biggest bonehead move to date. It's AMC, not ESPN!

I'd say there biggest was telling all these people they'd get HD locals by the end of 2006 and we didn't get them until the fall of 2007. That was a boneheaded move. It may not be entirely under their control, but they shouldn't have made such a big announcment.

· Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
myselfalso said:
I can't see how this is their biggest bonehead move to date. It's AMC, not ESPN!
And if it's anything like regular AMC, edited films and commercial interruptions, I really don't want it.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
Hey, to each his own but I have AMC in HD on Comcast. It is horrible. The PQ stinks and they stretch many movies (some are in 16x9 but very few are truly OAR). Then they stick in commercials. AMC is basically TNT or TBS with one overly popular show that doesn't really look that much better in HD then it does in SD.

· Godfather
286 Posts
Long ago AMC was one of the first national channels I received (except TBS) and it was by far my favorite channels. No commercials, actual "classic" movies and did I say no commercials. Then all of a sudden it became a channel I never ever watch. They have more commercials than USA network. Even worse is most of them are for shows/movies that they're going to broadcast.

It's my understanding that there's an original series that's just made for HD and I've said it before that just because I don't/do like a specific channel it doesn't mean someone else might/might not. But if I had a choice and it actually mattered AMC HD would be way down the list.

· Godfather
284 Posts
fjcastro said:
1. When they have a contract in place with Rainbow Media

and

2. When the infrastructure is in place to receive it and then transmit it to the satellite

· Godfather
318 Posts
Albie said:
1. When they have a contract in place with Rainbow Media
Which is sounding more and more likely after that press release from the other day. :)

I would really like those Voom channels! :D

· Legend
188 Posts
myselfalso said:

I'd say there biggest was telling all these people they'd get HD locals by the end of 2006 and we didn't get them until the fall of 2007. That was a boneheaded move. It may not be entirely under their control, but they shouldn't have made such a big announcment.
On that list as well, but we still haven't gotten them, and it doesn't look like we will be getting them anytime soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.