DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've heard about a bunch of the other RSN's going full time on DirecTV, but STOHD still is only being turned on for the duration of Indians games. From what I understand they have had 24/7 HD programming for quite some time now.

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
The insane reason was that they did the FSN channels in this bunch. There could be several reasons for this. FSN and DirecTV reached a financial/support deal would be a big one. Also, FSN is going more HD very soon all across the country. Also, it was probably easier to connect in to FSN Ohio as part of the connection to the other FSNs, even though there was a delay from the initial launch date.

Insanity is not insanity just because you don't know the rationale.

· Legend
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dtrell said:
it doesnt really matter...unless you need to see bruce drennan in full HD...which i have seen since i still have time warner cable as well...UGH...LOL
Actually they've got some nice stuff in HD. During the rain delay the other night they had that fishing/hunting/outdoors show in HD and it looked fantastic.

· Legend
268 Posts
davemayo said:
Don't forget that STO is moving to channel 662 (and 662-1) on 8/27.
As a result of this will all of the Series Links I have for 657 have to be redone to accommodate the switch? I had a few SL's that got mucked up when FSS moved and some others that were messed up when CSN 629 moved as well.

I also noticed that when FSE (620?) moved, it screwed up my SL for "FSN Baseball Report"...though I'm not sure if it was because of the channel move...or because the title of the show seems to have changed to "Baseball Report" in the guide data....

· Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
JAYPB said:
As a result of this will all of the Series Links I have for 657 have to be redone to accommodate the switch? I had a few SL's that got mucked up when FSS moved and some others that were messed up when CSN 629 moved as well.

I also noticed that when FSE (620?) moved, it screwed up my SL for "FSN Baseball Report"...though I'm not sure if it was because of the channel move...or because the title of the show seems to have changed to "Baseball Report" in the guide data....
I think you will need to change your SLs if they were on 657, but I'm not totally sure. Someone on the board will correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that SLs are tied to a specific channel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.