DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am receiving my D* locals via MPEG2 (new york area) and all the locals via OTA. Patinetly (well alsmost patiently) waiting for the HD channel expansion. When will I need to switch to the 5LNB dish? Other than spot locals, is there anything D* is broadcasting in MPEG4 now?

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
magellanmtb said:
Currently I am receiving my D* locals via MPEG2 (new york area) and all the locals via OTA. Patinetly (well alsmost patiently) waiting for the HD channel expansion. When will I need to switch to the 5LNB dish? Other than spot locals, is there anything D* is broadcasting in MPEG4 now?
Not today. The sense I got was everything they announced in the press release, that sometime around midyear, when the new satellite capacity is turned over to Directv and tested, they will start bringing up new MPEG4 HDs.

Cheers,
Tom

· Mentor
40 Posts
i am receiving my locals in HD on 103....which the au9-s is the only sat. to see it. Umm if the Local HD channels are spot beamed in your area....i would get one now.

· Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume my d*tivos and orginal RCA receivers will still work with the new dish (hopfully the slimline) with no problem, It sounds as if I will need to replace ALL the recievers I have when the new satellites finally become available! Will I need to replace them If I am content with SD on those units? or will there be new SD channels that are only available on the new birds? if so, Ouch!$$$--(2) old RCA units, (3) d*TIVOS, hR20 and an H20.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
magellanmtb said:
I assume my d*tivos and orginal RCA receivers will still work with the new dish (hopfully the slimline) with no problem, It sounds as if I will need to replace ALL the recievers I have when the new satellites finally become available! Will I need to replace them If I am content with SD on those units? or will there be new SD channels that are only available on the new birds? if so, Ouch!$$$--(2) old RCA units, (3) d*TIVOS, hR20 and an H20.
Yes, all your existing equipment will work as they do now, getting the channels they do now. And from what I heard, any new SD channels that might be brought up in the future.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.