DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't live in Montgomery, but I have been told that whenever they get locals so will I.

It's extremely frustrating having to deal with waivers when several towns smaller than mine already have theirs.

I see all the topics about people wanting their HD locals, when I would be overjoyed if I could get SD ones.

6 Posts
any update on this?

i actually stopped a directv van and asked them this very question. the response was that they the people have been trained to set it all up, but they are still just waiting for some unknown reason.

i just don't understand how montgomery doesn't have local channels. it is beyond ridiculous.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Most likely due to contracts. If DirecTV can't get carriage agreements with at least 2 of the big 4 networks then they won't launch a market. Also a lot has to due with satellite penetration, if another market has a larger % of people with DirecTV then that market, even if smaller, may go first.

Also the other big factor right now is getting the markets that are on 72.5 moved to the MPEG4 sats since DirecTV's lease is up soon on that sat.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
Right now D* is in the process of converting all of their markets on 72.5 to mpeg 4. This is a priority because their lease has a deadline coming up. Once that takes place I would bet you will start to hear about more spot beam movement in terms of other markets being moved to mpeg 4 only and then those older spot beams could, in theory, be used to bring sd locals to markets who don't have locals at this time.

· Legend
116 Posts
Sonnie Parker said:
That really did not offer a lot of new information on Montgomery, AL.

I can get NBC and CBS in HD via our OTA antenna, but ABC and FOX are no go.
I noticed Dothan is scheduled and I'm sure that's a smaller market than Montgomery (maybe not when you factor in part's of GA and part's of the Florida panhandle).

· Legend
116 Posts
Since WSFA went to VHF (12) I lost them since my outdoor antenna is UHF only (I though I would be okay with high VHF-apparently not). I don't want to add an antenna or replace my antenna so I really wish D* would add the Montgomery locals. No mention on their web site.:nono2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.