DBSTalk Forum banner

When will the dispute end?

• before August 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • before September 17 (start of the TV ratings season)

Votes: 93 36.6%
  • before January 1, 2013

Votes: 122 48.0%
  • In 2013

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • 2014 or later

Votes: 19 7.5%
  • never

Votes: 6 2.4%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
I said by the end of this year, because I think it will happen but probably not this month. I also don't really think the September date will be much of a factor becuase most of these channels (and cable channels in general) don't run their shows with the same seasons that the OTA networks do (for example Teen Mom and Real World are running their new seasons right now, those are two of MTVs bigger shows).

· Armchair Referee
529 Posts
I put down in 2013.

Perhaps when the November sweeps roll around and their ratings are dismal, they could finally do some restructuring.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
For those of you saying good riddance, I hope they never come back, etc. Just remember, next time it might be channels you watch. Will you have the same reaction then?

I am sick of these channels getting dropped because the greedy suits involved can't come come to a deal. While I don't watch a lot on these channels I do watch some. I don't want to miss out on my stuff just because a bunch of guys are too stubborn to deal fairly. I already lost out on G4, thankfully NBC covered a lot of American Ninja warrior themselves this year but who knows if that will happen again, and there are other programs I still miss.

As much as I want government to stay out of our lives I think something needs to be done here. Viewers shouldn't be used as pawns in an argument between multi-million/billion dollar companies arguing over how much more profit they can make this year. Channels shouldn't be able to be blacked out unless both sides have decided that they are not going to come to a deal, and the channels are officially dropped for good. And once that happens people should be allowed to get out of contracts that they are tied to if they are losing a bunch of channels that they care about. I understand not letting people out of contracts over 1 or 2 channels, but this is a fairly significant amount of channels that could impact someone pretty heavily. They shouldn't be forced to pay hundreds of dollars to switch providers because the two companies couldn't come to an agreement.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.