DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when will the subscribers of dish tv receieve the yes channel? i am getting fed up of waiting and seriously considering cancelling dish and going to direct tv. i don't understand what the problem is especially now that the two companies joined.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Why wait get D*! :)
If you last line refers to Dish Net and DTV, they havent joined and might not, pending regulator approval

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Uh, Dish and DirecTV, until the merger is approved, must be run as two seperate companies.

What isn't Dish carryng YES? Simple: YES asked for too much money. According to the last Charlie Chat, the cost of YES network would have required a monthly rate increase of either a $1 increase nationwide or a $4 for subscribers in that area. Too much. YES refuses a'la carte carriage.

(Makes me want to root for a baseball strike)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they should use that interactive tv feature for a vote. I dont really care about YES and dont want it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think this was another of those whoppers dealt out by Charlie Ergen. Why would YES ask Dish to fork over double for what they charged everyone else. I wouldn't trust that Ergen as far as I could throw him and that Schwimmer (his program director or whatever) too.

·
Icon
701 Posts
Originally posted by Bombajune
I think this was another of those whoppers dealt out by Charlie Ergen. Why would YES ask Dish to fork over double for what they charged everyone else. I wouldn't trust that Ergen as far as I could throw him and that Schwimmer (his program director or whatever) too.
YES is indeed getting between 1.80 and 2.30 per subscriber for this lame OooH YES network that right now only has Yankee's games.

This is a fact and all the cable companies carrying "YES" and DirecTV are paying the same freight on this channel. The only reason that DirecTV and Time Warner are able to add this service without increases is the added revenue from the MLB Extra Innings package offsets the cost, and without out the "Yes" network both providers would not be able to sell Extra Innings package.

BTW My Personal Avatar is the reason I'm able to get Distant Nets even though I reside in a Grade A signal contour.

John

·
Fromer Member
1,113 Posts
Cablevision doesn't have Yes either. Yes wants them to carry it in a basic like package while Cablevision wants to charge like 8 bucks a month for it. I'm sure in the hell not willing to subsidize you watching your Yankees for a $1 a month when they'll be blacked out for me. The problem is Not E* in this case, the problem is Yes and their outrageous pricing. Go and ***** to them.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,026 Posts
This fracturing of sports onto more and more channels seems similar to the fracturing that occured on pay channels not so many years ago. I remember when a subscription to a single pay channel got you access to all the new movies each month. Now you must subscribe to several services to get a good chunk of the new movies.

Now with sports, there seems to be new entrants that take some services that were previously represented on another service and carve that niche out for their new service. End result, we now have to pay for multiple sports channels to get the sports that used to be carried on a single channel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Charlie never said he was asked to pay double. He said that the offere would force him to raise rates by $4.00. It is widely believed that this is after adjusting for a 555 GROSS margin.

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I meant 55% Gross margin sorry----and Ia m unsure why I showed up as unregistered!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Per Mr. Ergen from the transcript of the most recent Chat, "And we asked only for one thing which was that our customers pay the same rate as other cable companies and pay TV providers. We just never were given an offer where our effective rate was the same. In fact it was higher, so much higher that it didn't make a lot of sense for us."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.