DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an order pending with Solid Signal since 12/20 and they still have no ETA on when it will ship. There has got to be a better way to get a receiver that i'm paying a few hundred bucks for.

If anybody knows of somebody that has them in stock please shoot me a PM or post it here.

thanks
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
244 Posts
berniec said:
I've had an order pending with Solid Signal since 12/20 and they still have no ETA on when it will ship. There has got to be a better way to get a receiver that i'm paying a few hundred bucks for.

If anybody knows of somebody that has them in stock please shoot me a PM or post it here.

thanks
I have a pending order for Nomad since October 14 and still no Nomad. I am about to cancel the order and get via Directv. I haven't needed it yet, but will shortly.
 

·
The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
Guys, just remember that the HR34 is in limited release. I understand you're anxious but it won't be long until you can get one straight from DIRECTV, no waiting.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
I bought one from USAdigitalhd and it arrived today. The receiver seems to be a used box or a refurb. There are scuffs on the top and the warranty sticker on the bottom is gone. Anyone else get one like that? I can't hook it up until tomorrow but am considering returning it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,613 Posts
abrodrig said:
I bought one from USAdigitalhd and it arrived today. The receiver seems to be a used box or a refurb. There are scuffs on the top and the warranty sticker on the bottom is gone. Anyone else get one like that? I can't hook it up until tomorrow but am considering returning it.
An HR34? Seems highly unlikely you would get a used one since they've only been available for a month. Did you contact USAdigitalhd about it?
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
2 Posts
litzdog911 said:
An HR34? Seems highly unlikely you would get a used one since they've only been available for a month. Did you contact USAdigitalhd about it?
Yeah, it's an HR34. The cardboard box had its DTV seals cut and the actual receiver had scuffs on it on the top. My main concern is the missing warranty sticker and what should happen if I ever have any problems with it. :confused:

I've sent usadigitalhd a message through their website and will be calling them tomorrow unless I hear back from them sooner.
 

·
The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
Hey, it's a free market. Plenty of people here paid $999 for an HR10 when they came out.
 

·
Save the Clock Tower!!
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Hey, it's a free market. Plenty of people here paid $999 for an HR10 when they came out.
/raises hand

Well, I think I was able to get a $50-$100 discount. To be fair, it was the only way to timeshift DIRECTV HD at the time. Well worth it.
 

·
ΔS > 0
Joined
·
1,972 Posts
NewForceFiveFan said:
I told my dad all about the HR34 and now he wants me to upgrade the HR24's to them.
There shouldn't be much need to upgrade more than one DVR. That will add 3 tuners alone. Upgrading 2 DVRs will cost more and will he really need 6 extra tuners?
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
213 Posts
I think it's the idea he can record more than one thing at a time on the same box, while watching something else live, and someone else in another room can watch a prerecorded item that peaked his interest. He's 68yo and just likes the idea of the latest and greatest sat tech. Even the whdvr features of the two HR24's and one H24 in the house he still hasn't used to their fullest capability yet so I don't see him doing all 5 tuners on the HR34 at once. He still giggles like a little boy when I go into the kitchen to the H24 and start watching a movie from the beginning that's currently recording on the HR24 in living room just so my brother can watch hockey.
 

·
Superfly
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
abrodrig said:
I bought one from USAdigitalhd and it arrived today. The receiver seems to be a used box or a refurb. There are scuffs on the top and the warranty sticker on the bottom is gone.
It's much more likely is that your HR34 went through QC. I know of CE manufacturers that do 100% QC on new models, just to make sure that everything is A-OK. Yamaha is a great one for this. Even after that, Yamaha will still do QC on 5-10% of every shipment they receive.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top