DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
stetterhawk said:
I could use help finding what satellites and spot beams are used in my area.
99, 101, 103 satellites. The ones with the "s" after the number are the spot beams.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Unlike Dish, DirecTV uses the same satellites across the United States.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a few glitches that all happened at the same time. new software update, bad storm with high winds. One dvr would not see sat signal, but when reset it would get signal and lit would have schedule that 2 hours later no list info for schedule it showed 2 hours earlier that. Than the second one did same thing. check sat levels on all sats and realized I didn't have list any more of what sats I received signals on that I got off this site years ago. I also noticed a few low signals on a few sats. so time to maybe realign the dish. Well the dvr worked for a couple of days then the same thing happen again. I had another few days and again same issues. I have installed my own dishes three different places , have accutrack pro meter. Was an electrician , also with a power limited lic., Had DTV since before direct tv was called direct tv. Also installed the dish back than when single lnb. I am not newbie at problems, having lived through the Early start of HD tv and the new DVRS. I am getting old and just hate to get out the ladder and undo my connections and do the dance with the dish and meter if I don't have to. so I was looking for the sites that list what beams me my sat signals. so I can put in my info file. Clear line of site for dish , This does not act like leaf/tree in way or rain/snow fade.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
call Directv for a service call. If you feel you need to solve it yourself get extra cables & LNBs so you can swap out what you have. Corrosion in fittings is one of the most common problems.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
You need to aim the dish using the 101 orbital slot. If you have an Slimline antenna then after you have your rough alignment you would then dither the dish using the 101. Watch some YouTube video as to how to dither the dish

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
stetterhawk said:
I had a few glitches that all happened at the same time. new software update, bad storm with high winds. One dvr would not see sat signal, but when reset it would get signal and lit would have schedule that 2 hours later no list info for schedule it showed 2 hours earlier that. Than the second one did same thing. check sat levels on all sats and realized I didn't have list any more of what sats I received signals on that I got off this site years ago. I also noticed a few low signals on a few sats. so time to maybe realign the dish. Well the dvr worked for a couple of days then the same thing happen again. I had another few days and again same issues. I have installed my own dishes three different places , have accutrack pro meter. Was an electrician , also with a power limited lic., Had DTV since before direct tv was called direct tv. Also installed the dish back than when single lnb. I am not newbie at problems, having lived through the Early start of HD tv and the new DVRS. I am getting old and just hate to get out the ladder and undo my connections and do the dance with the dish and meter if I don't have to. so I was looking for the sites that list what beams me my sat signals. so I can put in my info file. Clear line of site for dish , This does not act like leaf/tree in way or rain/snow fade.
Go here and watch this video in post #12 to see how to fine tune / dither the dish alignment.
http://www.dbstalk.c...-1#entry3416773

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks RBA I will climb up and check all connections. peds48 and jimmie 57 would be good advice but I have the full videos on my computer's hard drive and have done the dithering of a dish many times. One of the things I am looking for is what channels come of of which sat, I have a 2007 version but it is out of date and this type of info use to be easy to get so looking for a link for that and some of old sats not used any more so wonder where to find that info. Also what spot beams are used for my zip, Any help would be great

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
stetterhawk said:
Thanks RBA I will climb up and check all connections. peds48 and jimmie 57 would be good advice but I have the full videos on my computer's hard drive and have done the dithering of a dish many times. One of the things I am looking for is what channels come of of which sat, I have a 2007 version but it is out of date and this type of info use to be easy to get so looking for a link for that and some of old sats not used any more so wonder where to find that info. Also what spot beams are used for my zip, Any help would be great
Scroll down to the bottom of this long post # 1 and there is a spreadsheet that has tons of information in it about channels, satellite, transponder, market, etc.
http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200951-transponder-maps-domestic-latinam-data-refresh-11232014/page-1?hl=+tpn

·
Premium Member
25,275 Posts
Here is the thing. There's no reason to focus on spot beans. If the conus ones at each location are coming in properly than so will your locals because they come from the same satelites.

Look at most the numbers on 101 (some of 101 is spot the majority not) and look at 99 and 101 ca and cb. Ignore the S ones. How do your signals look on those satelites?

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
If you are located in Tower, Minnesota I assume you are looking for the Duluth locals. So the first question is whether you have HD or SD receivers. If you are watching in HD, your locals are on 99s transponders 19 & 20. If you are watching in SD they are on 119 transponder 25.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You all are the best, I watch HD Locals so thanks slice 1900, I just like to know which sats etc for personal knowledge, I know I still have to dither the dish for proper reception. My numbers look like this

101-90's
103ca-high 80's
103cb-high 80's
99s-spots beams 19-20 at 95
99ca-60's
99cd-70's
99cb-70's
119 spot beam 25-64

When I say 60's or 70's they where on the high sides of 60' or 70's
It is a cloudy day here today also

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Those are a little low, especially the 99ca/99cb numbers, but all that means is that you will lose signal with a bit less rain than you would have if it was perfectly aligned. If you are reluctant to go on the roof unless it is really necessary, you can leave it as is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks slice1900 for the quick response, cloudy sky just turned into rain so today roof climbing might be out of picture for me. I probably will get up there in the next couple of days.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,071 Posts
stetterhawk said:
You all are the best, I watch HD Locals so thanks slice 1900, I just like to know which sats etc for personal knowledge, I know I still have to dither the dish for proper reception. My numbers look like this

101-90's
103ca-high 80's
103cb-high 80's
99s-spots beams 19-20 at 95
99ca-60's
99cd-70's
99cb-70's
119 spot beam 25-64

When I say 60's or 70's they where on the high sides of 60' or 70's
It is a cloudy day here today also
What is "99cd?" ...

Oh, and there was never a time before "DIRECTV" was called "DIRECTV."

They've been named "DIRECTV" since they first began service back in '94.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

·
AllStar
1,410 Posts
After reading through this thread I wonder if the TS has a "sidecar" setup as many early-adopter MPEG4 HD. I'm grateful I never had to mess around with one of those...

Also wonder if (from location) a possible Pegasus "victim," hence the "before DirecTV" reference. Also, if I remember correctly, one could buy service from USSB.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.