DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dish Network's online order form is broken as it will not let you add the correct equipment. You can't add a Hopper 3 with 3 TVs - it will only add a Hopper 2. To add a Hopper 3 you need to lie and say you have 4 or more TVs, which of course adds fees for a Joey you do not need.

We received a $500 Mastercard prepaid offer code in the mail. I've called several times and each time the representative promises something different. One said they added the Hopper 3 at no charge versus the Hopper 2, which is not true as the bill for the Hopper 3 was $10 more than the default Hopper 2 on their online ordering system.

Another said the Hopper 3 would be automatic due to our offer code. Well if thats true it should also be automatic within their online ordering system with the same offer code, which it is not as you ca';t even add the Hopper 3 with 3 TVs.

Another said they would give us 6 months of the Protection Plan for free. Another said there would be a one time leasing fee of $50 for the each Joey unit while another said they would waive all lease fees due to the offer code. The online ordering form wants a $50 lease fee for the Hopper and $25 for each Joey unit with the same offer code.

Another representative said that their improved technology has done away with such things as blocked signals caused by trees and that any downtime will be credited to your account.

Yet in each case they refuse to give a written copy of the agreement unless you sign up for an account and give them a credit card number. How stupid do they think I am to setup an account and give them a credit card without seeing a written contract first?

One even tried to convince by saying that all her conversations were recorded so no funny business could occur. Verbal promises from customer service is not a enforceable legal sales contract.

Another said they were a full disclosure company yet none of these representatives told me about dispatch calls being $99 or that in order to get rid of those costs you need to fork over another $10.99 a month for a protection plan.

It would seem they are just as crooked as DirecTV and that is a pretty low bar to meet. A DirecTV representative actually tried to say they had price guarantees because they guarantee you will be charged their current price.

·
Registered
85 Posts
9-19-2022 at 4:27 AM - PDT

@EmTec

We signed up for DISH Network February 24, 2021. We moved away from AT&T U-Verse, U-300 TV Services.

We signed up for a Hopper3 and four, (4), Wireless Joeys. Our 'unique' installation also required a Linksys MESH Network to 1.) Eliminate the DISH Wireless Access Points, and 2.) Create a virtually 'Wired' Network through the MESH Nodes, (which have Gigabit Wired Ports on each Node), to assist in wiring all other TV Equipment as well.

Upon signup, we were notified verbally, then charged $25 for a 'One Time Fee of each Wireless Joey'. I don't remember if we were charged a one time fee for the Hopper3. However; due to our U-Verse Internet and original NVG-599 Gateway, (electronically identical to the 5268AC Gateway), we found, later, that we needed an 'HIC', (Hopper Internet Connector), to keep the H3 DVR connected to the Network. (We had issues keeping the H3, (first), connected to the Gateway's WiFi, AND even after adding the MESH Network, there were still conflicts between the H3 and the NVG-599 Gateway. Thus the need/requirement of the 'HIC'.)

The HIC was added free of charge by DISH and, because they also could NOT prove that the H3 was, (or was not), 'defective' in some way, they changed out the H3 for another H3 to ensure all would keep working after installing the HIC Device.

Included at signup, we were, indeed, given 6-Mos. Free of the 'Silver Protect Plan', (DISH's wiring and equipment 'All Inclusive Warranty Plan'), which waives the $99 Service Fee to send a Technician to the home. Unfortunately, dad being 'frugal', after the 6 Month's Free Plan, he cancelled the Silver Protect Plan and now we ARE subject to a $99 Fee per Service Tech rollout. I HIGHLY recommend NOT cancelling the Silver Protect Plan. HOWEVER; we were quoted $9.99/Month NOT $10.99/Month as you've listed in your Post.

We were sent copies of the contract after installation. AND, at time of installation the contract was shown to us on the Installer's electronic Pad, which had to be electronically signed to complete the order and the installation.

Our initial 2 Yr contract, therefore, ends this coming Feb 24th of 2023. We WILL be renewing the contract by ordering the new Hopper Plus USB Dongle, which connects to the USB Port on the H3; AND, upgrading our Family Room Wireless Joey to the new 4K Wireless Joey, as we will be upgrading our 65" HD 1080p TV to a 65" 4K QLED TV. At renewal time, I suspect a 'new' Silver Protect Plan will be initiated for another 6-Month period. I hope, this time, to be able to convince dad of the need to keep that plan.

I hope all of this helps; and, like you, we were NOT given the 'Contract' in print until completion of the order installation. We WERE given e-Mails at the completion of Order Processing which listed our Order, Equipment, Fee Layout; but, I believe the Full Contract was e-Mailed with copies of the Silver Protect Plan AT the time of Install after having signed the Installer's Pad.

[EDIT 2:] I believe COMCAST, U-Verse, DirecTV, And DISH all work this way in these modern times.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

Also, since the Install, we recently had a U-Verse Tech out for a service call on our ailing NVG-599. After checking all wiring from the home to the 'Node'/VRAD a couple blocks away, he came back to the house and upgraded our Gateway to the new BGW-210-700 Gateway.

We STILL have the DISH 'HIC' Device connected, just in case. Attached, for your convenience, you can look at the hand written diagram of our home's installation. Our home is a 2-Story home, and is 3,436 Sq. Ft.

TimeLord04

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input.

Well then I guess I'll have to not disclose to them that the VISA debit card that I will be using to initially sign up for an account is really a prepaid non-reloadable debit card with only a $1.00 left on it. They said that no lease fees would be due until the install. They also said they would provide a hard copy after an account has been setup and a credit or debit card has been given to them.

If they fail to produce a hard copy immediately after and before the install I will cancel and they will have no way charge more than $1.00. If their word is good then I've give them another card number.

Strange how I can go to many e-commerce sites and make an order as a guest and they can show the full cost of an item, including any taxes and labor, before making a purchase but not Dish Network.

·
Registered
85 Posts
5:50 AM - PDT

@EmTec

Due note, that in our installation that the H3 DVR sits all by itself in the Attic/Office. It goes 'unused' as a TV Viewing Source, and instead acts just as a 'Central Hub' of our TV Network. Also, NOT on the Diagram is 'Bedroom 3' which is the Upstairs Spare Bedroom that yields access to the Attic/Office. It is NOT on the Diagram, because we have NO Linksys MESH Node, NOR a Wireless Joey for TV Services in Bedroom 3.

As to how you place and execute your Customer Service Order to obtain 'Contracts' and receipts is entirely up to you. Should, (like us), you be entirely satisfied with the installation, I do hope you remember to update DISH on the proper 'regular' Credit Card to maintain service viability.

Good luck with your endeavors, and I hope I helped you.

TimeLord04

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"No paper documents are available as the agreements are all subject to change."

Every other business I know puts down in writing what you agreeing to pay for and what they are providing.

Verbal promises from one of their sales agents is meaningless!

I told them about their online ordering system being broken at least 5 weeks ago and they have not fixed it. That shows me right there what to expect from the company. That would take one programmer a few hours to fix.

Each of the Dish Network's four main channel packages include channels CGTN and CGTN español. These two China Global Television Network channels are owned by the Chinese state broadcaster China Central Television, which is under the direct control of the Chinese Communist Party.

Why on earth is Dish Network committing treason against the U.S.? The CCP make the Nazis look like a bunch of girl scouts by comparison. Since the 1920s Chinese Civil War the CCP has been responsible for at least 450 million dead. The top estimate for WWII is 85 million by comparison.

·
Super Moderator
53,878 Posts
Enough already. You obviously will never be satisfied with DISH. Please find another carrier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.