DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get an HD receiver for my parents so they can pull in OTA signals from their HDTV. Are these available new at all anywhere? I read an old article that said Radio Shack had a reasonably priced model, but it doesn't appear on their website anymore.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
You should be able to buy Samsung SIR TS360 or Hughes HTL HD D* receivers on Ebay for $50-100 shipped. These have a menu option to be used without a satellite system as OTA receiver.

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
I saw some open boxed OTA HD Receivers at CircuitCity the other day, didn't look at the price since my TV has the tuner built in but you may give them a try. Lot's of open box equipment right now and even more after the holidays. :)

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone. I didn't realize there were so many new models still out there. These are not marketed well at all. It seems that getting a box that will do cable (QAM I guess it's called?) and OTA HD or even just the OTA HD is tough to find in stores. I remember WalMart used to sell the USDigital unit but they do not carry it anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.