Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!

The power supply for my 1TB Lacie D2 Quadra 7200RPM 32MB (301224U) is buzzing! I need to find a replacement ASAP. I've googled but can't find anything. I went to Lacie's website and the Add to Cart link for hate power supply is just text, not a button.

Do you think I could simply take the unit and power pack to a Radio Shack and it'd work?

I also e-mail Lacie, but with no suprise, there's been no rpely.

·
Registered
342 Posts
KTrentLR said:
Help!

The power supply for my 1TB Lacie D2 Quadra 7200RPM 32MB (301224U) is buzzing! I need to find a replacement ASAP. I've googled but can't find anything. I went to Lacie's website and the Add to Cart link for hate power supply is just text, not a button.

Do you think I could simply take the unit and power pack to a Radio Shack and it'd work?

I also e-mail Lacie, but with no suprise, there's been no rpely.
Looks like they have it for 19.99 here on their web site:
http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=10735
If you click on the image of the cart left of the price it loads correctly

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
I dug around and found a number and called. Spoke with another tech rep who said the first rep could have ordered it from another 'area' and it would have gone out Monday - not happy. I asked the rep on the phone if I could pay for overnight shipping, if they'd go ahead and send me the warranty replacement. He said only if I had a FedEx account number. I don't.

bottom line: He connected me with Sales and I ordered and paid for overnight shipping just so I could get it. They're still sending me a warranty replacement when it comes "in stock" - I'll have a backup if it goes out again.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
KTrentLR said:
Update:
I dug around and found a number and called. Spoke with another tech rep who said the first rep could have ordered it from another 'area' and it would have gone out Monday - not happy. I asked the rep on the phone if I could pay for overnight shipping, if they'd go ahead and send me the warranty replacement. He said only if I had a FedEx account number. I don't.

bottom line: He connected me with Sales and I ordered and paid for overnight shipping just so I could get it. They're still sending me a warranty replacement when it comes "in stock" - I'll have a backup if it goes out again.
I've had a couple of LaCie power supplies go south - it's somewhat common ...

But to be fair, LaCie's done a great job in getting me replacements every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.