DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the ignorance but I received a CCK in the mail and I have no idea where to install it. I thought it went between the 8 way splitter? But the directions say to put it on the HR24 but I have 2 of these. Plus an HR20, HR21, H25......

·
Legend
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it to work from the original instructions that came with the package but it doesn't seem correct. It's a wireless CCK and per the instructions its adjacent to my HR24 and a ethernet cable runs from CCK to the ethernet port on the DVR. The Sat 1 coax now enters the CCK and returns back to DVR.

I don't understand what is different now as opposed to when I had a ethernet cable coming from my router the HR24??

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Fuzzybear said:
I got it to work from the original instructions that came with the package but it doesn't seem correct. It's a wireless CCK and per the instructions its adjacent to my HR24 and a ethernet cable runs from CCK to the ethernet port on the DVR. The Sat 1 coax now enters the CCK and returns back to DVR.

I don't understand what is different now as opposed to when I had a ethernet cable coming from my router the HR24??
Since you have a 24, you shouldn't have connected the ethernet cable back to the 24. The CCK has DECA internally, as does the 24.
The ethernet cable can connect straight to your router, or you can skip using it and connect wirelessly to it.

Here's how the hardwired looks:

And here's how the wireless looks:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.