DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is all this going to end up? Are we going to just update that thread, or start a whole new one? I ask this because some of the things that need to be done are simple link updates on that page... I'd suggest if we are going to start a new one, we do it here in this area and then move it when we get it done.

If not, then if someone gives me access to edit the posts in that thread, I'd do it, but I don't know if that could be done.

Also, just curios, is this area a private area like a field trial one, or can others who are logged in see it?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Good questions and ideas.

I think everything should be new and fresh. Go ahead and make the new post here and we can move it later. As far as I know only we can see this area, so this can be a working forum and won't be confusing for others.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Is anyone in the group an installer? The reason I ask is there are a couple of topics that discuss installation and that may be a great place for someone with first hand knowledge to start.

It would be nice if we had a post that just dealt with things like:
WHDVR
Deca
WDCCK

Another with:
Dishes
Switches
Cables

I believe inkahauts is working on the HR vs. TiVo which may need a little updating when the HR34 and THR22-100 comes out.

We definately don't need to re-write the book, but a simple post with links to informative posts that have more detaild descriptions. There are some very good diagrams here that deal with SWiM and Deca's that we should make sure are easily found. Those diagrams are an amazing help when you can actually see the connections.

Once Stuart gets the template, I think it will go fairly easy.

Please don't hesitate to speak up either, I am only tossing out ideas. This is not my site and I have no intention of dictating how this is done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.