DBSTalk Forum banner

Which 2014 TVs have RVU?

Tags
2014 rvu tvs
3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  peds48 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I really love it so far. I have tried searching for a list of 2014 TVs that have RVU, but my search has been fruitless. I know it HAS to be on this website somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. I'm a current Directv customer in the market for a new TV, and the RVU thing seems pretty cool. On Directv's website it breaks it down by year and it shows all Samsung Smart TVs made in 2013 had RVU, but for 2014 it only shows a Sony Bravia and a Toshiba I believe. I'm VERY confused! Please help. If someone has a current list of TVs that have it, or could provide a link to one, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

#3 ·
Just keep in mind the pros and cons of RVU. Depending on what it's replacing in terms of a DirecTV box etc, it might be a downgrade.

My issue was last I looked at a list, though I haven't looked recently, all the RVU sets were large screen sizes. where I would have the Genie or secondary full DVR anyway.

#4 ·
ALL 2014 Samsung Smart TVs are DIRECTV® ready, plus the Sony and Toshiba on the DIRECTV® website. Also is good to know that only the 2014 Samsung RVU TV will be able to play 4K content coming out soon

#5 ·
One other key factor into future-proofing with 4k UHD devices will be to look at those with HDMI v2.x support. Most don't have it yet, and it's not a requirement for DirecTV's delivery...but it is a future standard for 4K UHD to keep in mind.

#6 ·
Here's the list.

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3992/~/what-is-a-directv-ready-tv-and-how-does-it-work%3F

I picked up the Sony on Sunday and had it activated yesterday. It's pretty slick. The tech had no idea how to install/activate it. He spent over an hour on the phone figuring it out.

Dirctv requires a service visit to activate.

You need an HR34 or HR44 to run an RVU client.

You need a cable run. They attached a powered deca to the coax and ethernet from the deca to the tv.

You lose your native television functionality/apps when you enable the rvu client.

You can program the RC71 to control your tv as a Directv box.

Press and hold the MUTE & SELECT buttons until green light at the top of the remote flashes twice, then key in the appropriate manufacture code listed below.
  • Enter the TV code (5) (4) (0) (0) (0) for Samsung DIRECTV Ready TVs.
  • Enter the TV code (5) (4) (0) (0) (1) for Sony DIRECTV Ready TVs.
  • Enter the TV code (5) (4) (0) (0) (2) for Toshiba DIRECTV Ready TVs.

#7 ·
tomski35 said:
You can program the RC71 to control your tv as a Directv box.

Press and hold the MUTE & SELECT buttons until green light at the top of the remote flashes twice, then key in the appropriate manufacture code listed below.
  • Enter the TV code (5) (4) (0) (0) (0) for Samsung DIRECTV Ready TVs.
  • Enter the TV code (5) (4) (0) (0) (1) for Sony DIRECTV Ready TVs.
  • Enter the TV code (5) (4) (0) (0) (2) for Toshiba DIRECTV Ready TVs. (only supported with RC72)
Fixed that for ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.