DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Cool Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new H20 installed at the end of September by DTV. It came with the RF antenna and an RC32 remote. Shouldn't this have come with the RC32RF? Should I call DTV and complain? I know that I can order one. I could swear that the installer set it up for RF and it worked that way for a week. Is that possible for the RF32? It works fine in IR mode. Thanks in advance.:confused:

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Have you tried reprogramming the remote to the receiver again for rf capability ( only asking because you stated that it did work).... Otherwise, as far as I know, it is supposed to be RC32RF remote that comes with it, or rather, should have came with it.

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
The RC32, with no backlit keys is IR only. An RF remote will have FCC sticker on the back. RF remotes include the urc2082, RC24, RC34, and RC32RF.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
D* used to ship the H20 with the RC24 remote which was RF, but they economized and now ship with IR RC32. If you want RF you have to buy the additional remote. I would guess they have a small pack out problem the RF antenna shouldn't have been packed with the RC32.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.