DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having D* installed this Friday and I want to have as much knowledge as possible before then. In the Hartford CT area which satelites will I be pulling signals from. I want to check dishpointer.com before the installer comes out and I see on dishpointer there is an option to select each indivual satelite.
Thanks for the help this site has been a wealth of information.

· Hall Of Fame
5,413 Posts
kroche22 said:
I am having D* installed this Friday and I want to have as much knowledge as possible before then. In the Hartford CT area which satelites will I be pulling signals from. I want to check dishpointer.com before the installer comes out and I see on dishpointer there is an option to select each indivual satelite.
Thanks for the help this site has been a wealth of information.
All of them

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,573 Posts
What you "need" depends entirely on what you want and you didn't share that with us.

If you want HD, you need to be able to see from slightly east of where dishpointer.com says the DirecTV 5 LNB dish needs to be pointed to about 20 degrees west of there.

If you aren't going for HD, you need to see about 10 degrees either side of where dishpointer.com tells you to point the DirecTV 3 LNB dish.

To get the exact range, you need to enter in 99W and 119W (for HD) individually and that will give you your goalposts.

Make sure you understand the difference between magnetic North and True North (declination). I like to use True North as it isn't changing constantly.

· Mentor
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I do want the HD which is one of the main reason coming back to D*. I do know the direction the dish would be pointed from the last time I had D*. I have the 5 lnb ordered. I know there are more satellites since the last time so I was double checking. I just hope I have a decent installer and if I can learn a little there will be less of a chance the installer can give me a song and dance.
Thanks again for all the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.