DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
14,213 Posts
A Google search got me to youdecide.org with the following info provided:

Each debate will begin at 9pm eastern, 6pm pacific time and last for 90 minutes. They will be aired on every major broadcast network such as CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX. They will also be aired on cable outlets such as Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and many others.
And from spreadit.org:

All four debates will begin at 9pm ET, and last for 90 minutes and will be broadcast on CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and C-SPAN.
As said, if you can get any of those in HD, you're covered.

· Godfather
340 Posts
I would think that the major networks wont have a crawl and that Fox and CNN will have their usual "busy" screen they think we still like...

· Hall Of Fame
1,753 Posts
JoeTheDragon said:
what one will the less carp on the screen?
Don't need to worry about that; the World Fishing Network isn't planning on carrying the debate (although they're not on DirecTV anyway).

I agree with jhollan2 -- the broadcast networks will probably just have a graphic at the bottom reading, for example, "NBC News Live Coverage/The Presidential Debate."

· Hall Of Fame
1,510 Posts
Carried in HD? Who cares? How would having a broadcast in HD add value? It is about what they say not what they look like that matters.

Actually, it is about what they can really do and not what they say, even. Most people have no clue about what very little the president can do. Read up on your Constitution. It is Congress that that does things. The president's real power in the use of the "Bully Pulpit" that comes with the presidency.

· Legend
240 Posts
jhollan2 said:
I would think that the major networks wont have a crawl and that Fox and CNN will have their usual "busy" screen they think we still like...
PBS was fantastic during the DNC and RNC... nothing on the screen at all! (insert political joke here)

Really, it was great not to see all the tickers and junk all over the place. Hopefully they show all the debates like that too.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
jwd45244 said:
Carried in HD? Who cares? How would having a broadcast in HD add value? It is about what they say not what they look like that matters.

Actually, it is about what they can really do and not what they say, even. Most people have no clue about what very little the president can do. Read up on your Constitution. It is Congress that that does things. The president's real power in the use of the "Bully Pulpit" that cones with the presidency.
I have been saying this for years!

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I'm not really concerned if it is in HD... but I would love to see each candidate hooked up to a BS Meter for the entire debate... of course we would then be unable to hear anything they said....

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
LarryFlowers said:
I'm not really concerned if it is in HD... but I would love to see each candidate hooked up to a BS Meter for the entire debate... of course we would then be unable to hear anything they said....
I typically watch debates with the volume muted. This way I am not disappointed when they break all their promises.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
jwd45244 said:

Actually, it is about what they can really do and not what they say, even. Most people have no clue about what very little the president can do. Read up on your Constitution. It is Congress that that does things. The president's real power in the use of the "Bully Pulpit" that comes with the presidency.
I agree with your statment %100. It's the verbal content that matters. HD is just the icing on the cake.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.