DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost local Fox and NBC to "outrageous rate demands", hope it gets settled better than the 2 month deal. Like pretty much every WY station these are rather rinky dink stations so who knows what will happen.

Too bad I can no longer get Denver channels, been 2 years since they were shut off. Of course if I have cable in town I can still get Denver channels, real fair. Or I could do like some I know and have a mailing address in CO or another county where Denver channels are still aired.

I am guessing these are not the only two channels to have the contract come up at the end of last year and not come to terms.

·
Icon
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I had them for 5 years and they are provided further North than I am. In fact I know of a place 3 miles away that has them as I type because they have a CO billing address.

·
Icon
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Have to edit it is Fox and ABC, not NBC. I used to get the L.A. ABC in HD through the work around that Dish had but they had to cut me off of that about a year ago.

Think I won't miss it until the 49er game in two weeks, that I don't want to miss. Direct is not an option. I took advantage of the OTA adapter coupons back when Dish sent them out so I may find where I put the antenna thing and see if it will work. Last I knew the Fox range wouldn't even cover the city it was in let alone outside of it. I live rather close to the ABC repeater so it may be obtained OTA.

I would bet there is no one in the WY affiliate offices until tomorrow at the earliest, wouldn't surprise me if they just take the whole week off. Work ethic takes a crap this time of year it seems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.