DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Icon
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Have to edit it is Fox and ABC, not NBC. I used to get the L.A. ABC in HD through the work around that Dish had but they had to cut me off of that about a year ago.

Think I won't miss it until the 49er game in two weeks, that I don't want to miss. Direct is not an option. I took advantage of the OTA adapter coupons back when Dish sent them out so I may find where I put the antenna thing and see if it will work. Last I knew the Fox range wouldn't even cover the city it was in let alone outside of it. I live rather close to the ABC repeater so it may be obtained OTA.

I would bet there is no one in the WY affiliate offices until tomorrow at the earliest, wouldn't surprise me if they just take the whole week off. Work ethic takes a crap this time of year it seems.

·
Super Moderator
53,899 Posts
jsk said:
All American Direct. They provide distant networks to those who can't get them via Dish. I doubt you would qualify for distant networks since you are already in a market served by Dish.
DISH carriage is irrelevant to qualifying for AAD. As long as one lives in a white area (no OTA coverage) or can get a waiver from the relevant local station(s) of the same network they can receive AAD service. SD is better than nothing ... it wouldn't hurt to try.

·
Legend
362 Posts
AAD is actually pretty good in my opinion, just when there is technical difficulties on their channels they take forever to figure out the problem due to horrible customer service they provide. They always blame that its your fault and not theirs.

·
Super Moderator
53,899 Posts
filefly said:
AAD is called Sobongo these days.
No, it isn't. Sobongo was a shopping service (Shop Online, Buy Online 'n Go) that was set up by the previous owners (and creators) of All American Direct, NPS out of Indianapolis, Indiana. Sobongo remains the property of NPS and was recently relaunched with "All American Dish" being one of their product lines (not to be confused with the "All American Direct" distant networks service that was sold to "Distant Networks, LLC." last year).

Distant Networks, LLC, should not be confused with DISH Networks ... even though Distant Networks, LLC, uses the abbreviation DN and has headquarters in Colorado not far from DISH Network's operations.

http://www.allamericandirect.com/ or http://www.mydistantnetworks.com/ are website of Distant Networks, LLC d/b/a AllAmericanDirect ("DN").

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Panhandle,

I live in Scottsbluff, too. Can you get KDUH? That is technically our ABC affiliate, anyway. What is sad is if I lived 5 miles North I would live in Sioux County, which is part of the Denver DMA and I would get all their locals. Go figure!

·
AllStar
104 Posts
Haven't lost anything yet, but I see our local Fox affiliate (25 out of La Crosse, WI) has been running text on the bottom of the screen indicating that starting 1/14 we might be losing it. They better get this straightened out with the Pack in the playoffs!!

Anyone know where I can find more details on the status of this ?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.