DBSTalk Forum banner

How bad do you want to see dual buffers in the HR20?

• Never, or at least I don't care if it's there or not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
wmschultz said:
BTW, if you are going to take a poll, the first step would be to make a poll.
He is probably filling in the screens now..
The forum software first POSTS the thread, then allows you to add the poll.

So people can see the thread, before the poll is added to it.

· Godfather
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marty45714 said:
I really want to know this because I could care less and I want to see if I'm in the minority.
Earl,
Can you correct my spelling mistakes in the poll, or just take it off line if it is that offensive to everyone. It won't hurt my feelings. Doesn't seem like I proofread until afterwards. I didn't realize this was such a touchy subject!

· DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
Seems I get burned by changing channels and losing my buffer almost daily. Some old DirecTivo habbits are hard to break.

Personally, I'd love to see this feature in the HR20, but getting the box to near 100% reliability with the current features is more important.

· Godfather
314 Posts
Where's the option of "I've never had Dual Live Buffers so I really have no idea if I would use it or not"?

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
Shemp said:
Seems I get burned by changing channels and losing my buffer almost daily. Some old DirecTivo habbits are hard to break.

Personally, I'd love to see this feature in the HR20, but getting the box to near 100% reliability with the current features is more important.
And, despite being a huge DLB fan, i totally agree with this......which is why patience must be had by all....D* has priorities, and its understood...

· Godfather
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ajwillys said:
Where's the option of "I've never had Dual Live Buffers so I really have no idea if I would use it or not"?
LOL! Good point. It's hard to imagine that there are people on here who went right to the HR20 without ever having the DirecTivo! :lol:

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
marty45714 said:
Not so fast on that delete button! No I think I like this poll now. The votes seem to tell quite a different story than the original poll did.
??? ~10% don't want is quite different?
Am I missing some analysis here?

Merry Christmas,
Tom

· Godfather
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tibber said:
??? ~10% don't want is quite different?
Am I missing some analysis here?

Merry Christmas,
Tom
Yeah, the tone of a lot of the posts I've seen has been "I have to have it or I'll die." The poll says "I can take it or leave it, or at least I can wait for DirecTV to put it out later."

· Godfather
314 Posts
marty45714 said:
LOL! Good point. It's hard to imagine that there are people on here who went right to the HR20 without ever having the DirecTivo! :lol:
I've never had a DirecTivo. I got Directv in August and avoided Tivo despite the fact that I loved it and had 3 Tivo boxes on cable (not including the one I was beta testing). The reason I avoided it was because I knew it was a technology that was dying as a result of bad business practices and no amount of HD/CableCard/Whatever else technology would fix that.

· Godfather
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Howie said:
I definitely want it, but I wouldn't sell my HR20 for $10 if it didn't come about. I guess I can't vote.
I just put that on there to be satirical against the people who think that DirecTV has gone to hell in a hand basket if that's not the next feature that's added to the very next release. There are more important things right now, like getting the OTA and other things stable. If the box never has DLB, I still think it is a great box.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
marty45714 said:
I just put that on there to be satirical against the people who think that DirecTV has gone to hell in a hand basket if that's not the next feature that's added to the very next release. There are more important things right now, like getting the OTA and other things stable. If the box never has DLB, I still think it is a great box.
I didn't vote either for the same reason as the other poster. I want this feature added as my absolutely #1 item to fix. Unfortunately, that option doesn't exist in the poll - I guess I don't want it so much that I am going to sell (or in my case return) the box. MPEG4 HD LiL trumps DLB for me. DVR trumps HD LiL. Both of those features already exist and the ONLY way to get both is the HR20. DLB is now my #1 desired feature, but I do NOT want to get rid of the HR20. There's no option for that, so I'm not voting.

· DBSTalk Club Member
1,363 Posts
brott said:
I didn't vote either for the same reason as the other poster. I want this feature added as my absolutely #1 item to fix. Unfortunately, that option doesn't exist in the poll - I guess I don't want it so much that I am going to sell (or in my case return) the box. MPEG4 HD LiL trumps DLB for me. DVR trumps HD LiL. Both of those features already exist and the ONLY way to get both is the HR20. DLB is now my #1 desired feature, but I do NOT want to get rid of the HR20. There's no option for that, so I'm not voting.
I echo those sentiments...........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.