DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since people keep screwing up the distribution map,

Who got the latest non Santa "National" release that Earl has said is being rolled out this week?

Just trying to get a feal for how quickly it will make it to East TN.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
You are referring to the 0x108 release which just went to the LA area. That has been replaced by the 0x10B release which only went automatically to the LA area. That release is also the latest "Santa" release. There has been no further deployment of either software update at this time.

· Legend
136 Posts
I recieved 10b in a forced d'load at 9:15pm CST last night. I was unable to d'load it during the "SANTA" window Friday night. I was running 108 that I got automatically earlier.

266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PoitNarf said:
You are referring to the 0x108 release which just went to the LA area. That has been replaced by the 0x10B release which only went automatically to the LA area. That release is also the latest "Santa" release. There has been no further deployment of either software update at this time.
I am talking about the National Roll out of 0x10B that Earl stated here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=759085&postcount=11

Would be rolled out this week.

I have long since forgotten about 0x104 & 0x108....

266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jimbo713 said:
I recieved 10b in a forced d'load at 9:15pm CST last night. I was unable to d'load it during the "SANTA" window Friday night. I was running 108 that I got automatically earlier.
Earl, Does this mean we can now force a download of 10B or was he lucky?

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Brantel said:
I am talking about the National Roll out of 0x10B that Earl stated here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=759085&postcount=11

Would be rolled out this week.

I have long since forgotten about 0x104 & 0x108....
It'll get here when it gets here. If it indeed goes national this week, you can probably expect it in your area before the weekend.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Brantel said:
Earl, Does this mean we can now force a download of 10B or was he lucky?
No, not necessarily.

· Legend
187 Posts
Probably a dumb question but if this release goes national this week, what will happen? Will the HR20 automatically reboot, does it download and then I just keep checking to reboot and install?

· Registered
4,880 Posts
geekmom said:
Probably a dumb question but if this release goes national this week, what will happen? Will the HR20 automatically reboot, does it download and then I just keep checking to reboot and install?
When the HR20 sees that there is a new update available, it will reboot and download the update at the very start of the boot up process. If you are using the HR20 when it notices a newer update it will prompt you to update now or later. Usually updates happen late at night when the box is not in use and are completely automatic.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
geekmom said:
Welcome to the forums, geekmom. :welcome_s

You "shouldn't" have to do anything. You'll go to bed and awaken to the fresh software release. (I think I've seen too many coffee commercials lately.) :)

The software will download during a time when there is no activity on your HR20, install itself, and reboot. Some people have reported that when they get a download, they seem to have better results if they do a second reboot manually.

Merry Christmas,
Tom

· Icon
968 Posts
what about all these people (including me) who wake up to a box that won't display any video/audio... changing channels, watching recorded programs, flipping through the menus/guide... nothing works. its like the box is 100% operational, but all the channels are off air. this morning, i could only get my analog (SD) locals (not OTA or MPEG4 locals) and XM music channels to work.

there are a few threads that i've seen people having this same problem.... but this is one thread that is specifically talking about it.

as much as i know how it feels for those who have FA and want OTA enabled, this release has been anything but stable for me.

· Legend
228 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
No, not necessarily.
Am I reading too much into Earl's response? It almost sounds like 10B is out there waiting and available - but I'm not willing to take a chance on downloading and losing OTA.

Anyone on previous version recently attempted a forced download? Results?

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
qlanus said:
Am I reading too much into Earl's response? It almost sounds like 10B is out there waiting and available - but I'm not willing to take a chance on downloading and losing OTA.

Earls reply was shorthand for: your area may not be activated yet for the download so forcing will likely put you back to 0xFA. The OPs area, likely part of the original testing for 0x104/8, has therefore been opened up to 0x10b, thereby allowing him/her to force a few hours early. :)

What is unknown (probably to Earl as well as the rest of us) is how wide was the first distribution of 0x10b last night. PST plus the original test group? Or just the original test group? Enquiring minds want to know (with bated breath) :)

Merry Christmas,
Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
qlanus said:

Yes, you are reading into it too much.

They have started the Staggard Rollout.
No need to try and force a download.

If your area has been added to the distribution, the HR20 will automatically update.

· Icon
968 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Yes, you are reading into it too much.

They have started the Staggard Rollout.
No need to try and force a download.

If your area has been added to the distribution, the HR20 will automatically update.
is this the same 10b release some of us received last friday from santa? any suggestions for those who are having nightly lockups and having to restart every morning? (see above)

· Registered
4,880 Posts
jjn said:
Just forced a dl an am getting 0x10B :D
Everyone please note that he is in CA and updates go from West coast to East. There is no guarantee forcing an update now will get you the new update.

· Legend
187 Posts
PoitNarf and Tibber,

Thanks for the info. I haven't had any problems with my HR20 installed since Saturday but I'm eagerly looking forward to recovering my OTA HD channels sooner rather than later :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.