If you are going...
Will you be checking out the D* booth?
Can you get into the D* conference?

Would you be our Ace Reporter?

- Craig

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
My neighbor is a high-tech A/V guy - I believe they mostly do corporate installations, though. He will be going to CES and I've asked him to check out the DirecTV booth. Unfortunately, though I'm not sure how much info I'll be able to glean from his trip. I'll get what I get.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
:)
I am going to CES
I most definitely will be checking out the D* booth (and E* and a few others)
I am going to the D* press announcement, if I can wrangle an invite.
I am very willing to be ACE volunteer reporter and am practicing making internet friendly pix, using my camera for equipment shots, etc.

I'm tentatively scheduled to arrive Saturday for the press announcement days, then hit the floor on Monday, Tuesday. But I'm still nailing down who, what, when, and where.

Happy New Year,
Tom

·
Lifetime Achiever
28,939 Posts
tibber said:
:)
I am going to CES
I most definitely will be checking out the D* booth (and E* and a few others)
I am going to the D* press announcement, if I can wrangle an invite.
I am very willing to be ACE volunteer reporter and am practicing making internet friendly pix, using my camera for equipment shots, etc.

I'm tentatively scheduled to arrive Saturday for the press announcement days, then hit the floor on Monday, Tuesday. But I'm still nailing down who, what, when, and where.

Happy New Year,
Tom
Thanks Tom. Make sure you ask the "hard" questions - but do it in a nice way, don't want you kicked out of the booth. :lol:

Earl, any way you can help get Tom hooked up with a pass to the DirecTV press announcement?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
brott said:
Thanks Tom. Make sure you ask the "hard" questions - but do it in a nice way, don't want you kicked out of the booth. :lol:

Earl, any way you can help get Tom hooked up with a pass to the DirecTV press announcement?
Early next week, I'm going to start a thread in the directv area and the dish area asking for the questions that people want to hear about. While I think I have a good idea about the directv side, someone always thinks of something I didn't or a better way to ask without getting kicked out of the booth. :) As for the dish side, I know that they have even more dish options than we have and thats about it. :)

Happy New Year,
Tom

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom, it is great that you can go!

I hope as many of the dbstalk forum members as possible go to CES.

Every time I have worked a booth like this, our goal was as much in collecting information as much as disseminating it. A booth gives a vendor a chance to gather user reaction (if they will listen).

Also, ask for names and get cards if you can of workers in the booth. We may end up with new contacts in different areas.

Tom, as to questions you know many of the right ones to ask about new products, new services, new features, etc. If you can get to the right person, I think asking about the 10 Missing Features would be a good set of question.

Don't take anything for granted. We know that booth intel is not always valid but it can give insight. The boothie may have no idea what you are talking about.

Also check out our sister forum: avsforum.com. I think they are getting together at CES.

Can't wait to here your reports from the front lines!

- Craig

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Spanky_Partain said:
Is CES a public show or invitation only?
Neither, actually. There are many press only announcements that allow other people by invitation only (Directv's is one such). The main conference is closed to general public; you need to verify you are somehow related to the Consumer Electronics Industry (which can be very broadly defined). I have had access to tickets in the past from electronics salesmen(and never had the time to go, sigh), but I don't think that route works anymore if they check as closely as they warn...

Even so, it is HUGE!

Happy New Year,
Tom

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Hello all! I am going to CES and I will be sure to have my Blackberry with me. So if I see or hear any cool or important stuff, I will be sure to post here live from the floor. I already have my CES badge and I fly out on Sunday Jan. 7th, so I will be there from start to finish. I plan to attend all of the keynotes as well. It will be interesting to see if Bill has any cool Microsoft and Direct TV projects still in the works. I do not have access to any private Directv Press conferences, so if anyone can hook me up with that, I will be sure to report from it as well.

Ricky Isbell

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
DBSTalk has been making plans for a few weeks now with a few people that are going to CES.

Don't worry... You will hear about what is going on.

·
Mentor
45 Posts
I am also going to CES. I'll try to post something as follow-up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.