DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Premiering tonight is, in my opinion, one of the best reality shows on TV. Unlike other reality shows, The Mole is a whodunnit game. Fourteen people have to work together to order to accomplish various tasks to build a cash poll. However, one is a saboteur--working for the producers to sabotage the tasks. The players take periodic quizes as to the identity of the saboteur, and the people who does worse gets eliminted from the same. Almost all of the people who applied wanted to be the saboteur and give up the cash prize. But, only one person is really.... THE MOLE.

FYI...
* This weeks and next week's episodes are double-headers. During these double-headers, the first three episodes from the fall are repeated.
* Check the Polling Forum for the weekly poll as to who is the mole. This week's poll is up, but you have to be a registered member to vote.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
After the first 3 episodes aired last fall, I was about 99% sure who the mole is, as my wife and I figured out what the episodic clues were.

Question: Shall we post the clues as we see them, in spoiler form of course as the show progresses? I'm up for it. I very clearly remember the clue from the 2nd ep, and I'm sure I'll remember the 1st ep clue as soon as I see it again. What do you say?

·
Welcome to Torchwood
1,602 Posts
I'm watching Mole 2 for the first time.

The clue in the second episode wouldn't happen to be present when they wheeled the bags in?

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i thought the mole was one of the enemies of the fantastic four????

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now, I say it's the Admiral. Notice how he managed to become a "leader", then, based upon a off-hand comment, he needed "fashion advice", and then they decided no way on the baby bibs even though it meant doubling the money.

·
12,527 Posts
Ok, here's what I am pretty sure the clues were in the first 2 episodes. I won't give away the identity of the mole in the clues, so feel free to read the clues. I will identify the mole at the end of this post.

Epsiode 1 Clue:
Right at the beginning of the episode, immediately after Anderson says there will be clues provided in the episodes, a map is displayed on screen. As Anderson's voice over is telling us the contestants haven't met each other and the like, the name of the country Switzerland is displayed on the map one letter at a time. When the D is displayed, it flashes twice very quickly. D is the 4th letter of the alphabet, and because it flashed twice, 4x2=8. Now, the next scene shows us the contestants blindfolded in the starting room. Anderson tells them to remove their blindfolds, and then we go into the introductions. The 8th person introduced is ____________.

Episode 2 Clue:
At dinner after their blackjack fiasco, the camera cuts to the kitchen where the chef is preparing the desert cakes that will play into the exemption game later that evening. She puts blueberries on the top of each slice of cake as a final touch before taking the cakes up to the contestants' table. Notice that as she is placing the blueberries, she skips the 4th cake moving in a counterclockwise direction (to the left). At the table, the person sitting in the 4th seat in a counterclockwise direction (to the left) from Anderson is ___________.

The person that fits both of these clues, and therefore is the mole:
_________Bribbs___________

I've found that when looking for the episodic clues, these will be things that are only available to the viewing audience, not things or events that the contestants will know about. That was the pattern in the first Mole series, and seems to be in this one as well, so far.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Will they be showing 2 episodes next week or will we need to wait 2 weeks for a new episode? :shrug:

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next Tuesday's episodes will be a double-header again.... it will consist of the repeat of the third episode, followed by the premiere of the fourth episode.

·
9 Posts
Mark: any idea on the clues for Ep 3 and 4? I didn't really see anything I could take as a clue (not that I saw the ones for Ep 1 and 2 until I read your spoiler).

I agree with your assessment of who is The Mole not so much from the clues, but because
they haven't shown much of him at all. He doesn't talk on camera, and hardly anyone talks about him. He's been WAY under the radar... too much so, I think.

·
9 Posts
I think I found the clue in Ep 5.
Near the beginning, when they showed the location (VICENZA), as the letters spelled out, we saw the following flashes: I, C, N, A, A, A (the A flashed 3 times). Not sure what it means, besides "I see an A", as in the Mole has an A in their name. The letters that didn't flash were V, E, Z... does that spell something in Italian? :)

·
12,527 Posts
Hello martinp13! Welcome to DBSTalk! :hi:

We've been posing various episode clues in threads for each episode. Look for Who is the Mole xx/xx threads in this forum, and you'll find them. BTW - I agree that what you posted is the clue from ep 5, but I haven't had time to figure out how it points to any of the players yet.

·
9 Posts
Ah, ok... it was easier to check this one thread, since I mostly haunt the TiVo forums. :) Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check the rest of the threads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts