DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to be looking into them (assuming I haven't switched to a DirecTivo by then). If the price is right, I will get at least one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one on order from dishdepot.com and will end up buying it.

However I REALLY want a MOXI unit!

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about it but Ill probably end up with a 501, Ill be working 3 days next week since Ill have next week off from school and that should give me enough for a 501.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what Im hoping for, DishDepot has the 501 for $329 w/free shipping, I should make about $240 next week (after taxes, SS and all that other crap) and I already have a bunch of many saved up. Ill wait for the 721 to makes its debute before I buy the 501. I wish the 508 would be cheaper then $499, I would love the bigger HD but I cant see paying an extra $170 for just a larger HD plus a 501 would be a lot better then my current 2800. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll wait till after the Tech chat and then i'll probably put the preoder in at Dish Depot for the 721.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And hopefully this tech chat will have useful information, I already have a TV :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The special ends tommorrow, but I just found out yesterday that A friend of a friend works at Sears and can get me the 501 for cheaper then that, I should have my 501 on Feb 16 :) Cant wait, to say buhbye to my 2800.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't pay a dime for it! Now if they would offer it as a trade in for my DP with no questions asked (as they should do if they're such a great 'customer service' company)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Harry, Must be a frustrating time for you Dishplayer people, Dish Network is testing everyones patience with this unit at the moment. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even after the Tech chat last night, we still don't know price and when it's going to be made available. :(

I've decided to buy a 721, here are a few of my questions?

1. What will be included with the 721?
Keyboard?
Installation?
Switches?
At a rumored price of $500.00, I would expect they come out and put it in.

2. If you were me , would you just go ahead and preorder, or wait till they are made available ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From my latest info the price will be $499 and an upgrade path from an older receiver like the DP or the 501 will not be made available until a few months after the release of the 721.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe these stories came out of CES but I am not sure. That certainly seems to be the common rumor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve, the $199 offer has been extended if you still want it cheap. Don't know your current programming level, but for $41/month, it's a good deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FYI : I sent a email to Mark at Dish Depot, he has a Dish Tech. meeting scheduled to go to in April and said that when he expects the 721 to be released.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahh April, the Big Team Summit meeting at Disney World in Orlando Florida.

A friend who is an installer asked me if I wanted to go, but I didnt have the money so said no thanks.

Looks like a lot of fun, a big party with the B-52's.

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My current bill is $51 so I meet that requirement, but it looks like I will get a 721 afterall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am actually looking forward to getting my 721 (so I can throw my Dishplayer out the Window!)

I am sure the price will be around $499. The question is how much will the 721 Keyboard cost. I am sure I will want one of those too.

Scott

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.