DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the secret to having three satellite recordings going at once.

http://www.shootregistration.com/misc/HPIM0606.JPG

Actually, I forgot I had Amazing Race padded by 1hr after, so I scheduled Cold Case to record around 8:57pm. Imagine my initial shock when I saw THREE "R" symbols in My Playlist. :grin: Amazing Race and Cold Case are on the same channel, so I wonder if it wrote out two files for the same hour....the extra hour on Race and the one hour of Cold Case.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
So now the question is "did they all work and are they watchable?"

·
AllStar
77 Posts
I have found that recording sequential programs on the same channel with pading for both, the recorder is smart enough to only use one tuner. I'm guessing since the "data" is duplicated for the amount of padding, it just copies the duplicate stuff.

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, it actually only "recorded" two items, but the screen still looked cool. :)

Yes, all recordings were watchable. I don't know if it actually physically recorded the "extended" Amazing Race and Cold Case or if it's just pointing to the same file. I'll know when I delete them and see if the available space goes up.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I've not tested this myself, but of this box is smart enough to understand it is padding and not give a conflict, I love it. Can this be confirmed?

·
Legend
179 Posts
If this is true it will be another way the HR20 is better then a TIVO. :D

I hated when my D* TIVO would want to change the tuner I was watching to start a padded program the other tuner was already recording. :(

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Yes. I can confirm the HR20 is "smart" in this way. I record the Daily Show and Colbert Report back to back with a 1 minute pad to the end of the Daily Show and beginning of the Colbert Report. With my Tivo it had to use two tuners. With the HR20 I can, and have, recorded something else during that one hour time period with no conflicts. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.