DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend
244 Posts
Larry Daughtrey said:
I would not give an R-15 to anyone I care about. Not until it's fixed. If and when that ever happens which Im doubtful of.
You can give it to me. I have two that I'm very happy with but I could always use a third!! Thanks in advance.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Regardless of the current state of the R15, I just don't see the purpose in giving someone a gift that is free and comes with a monthly fee (unless you prepay the fee for six months or so).

·
Godfather
267 Posts
That reminds me of the current ad campaign for the Texas Lottery. They want us to believe that the perfect gift is a Scratch-Off Ticket. Yeah right! You have a much better chance of having a worthless piece of paper when you're done than winning anything.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I thought the R15 problems were pretty much fixed?

I guess the HR20 problems have taken over the forums!

Anyway, my three R15s are working fine.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,790 Posts
sheridan1952 said:
That reminds me of the current ad campaign for the Texas Lottery. They want us to believe that the perfect gift is a Scratch-Off Ticket. Yeah right! You have a much better chance of having a worthless piece of paper when you're done than winning anything.
Hey! Don't knock my retirement plan! :lol:

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
paulman182 said:
I thought the R15 problems were pretty much fixed?

I guess the HR20 problems have taken over the forums!

Anyway, my three R15s are working fine.
The R15 is working alot better. With the new update about to be released I think it will even be "more better". :grin: Is that even a word?

There still are problems, FWIW the new update may make the R15 "ready for prime time" in my little pea brain. At least I'm hoping the problems that persist will be of the "bothersome" or "nagging" type and not the "unreliable" type. If the R15 records more than I want it to that's a problem that I can live with. If it still misses shows or doesn't play shows it does record, that's not acceptable. Time will tell. Hopefully not a long amount of time.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
However, I still don't believe giving a gift that is free but costs a monthly fee and a 1 year committment of service to be a wise gift to give.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.