DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The D* customer service rep quoted me $200 for something he called a Whole Home kit? He couldn't tell me what was in the kit to account for such a high price, other than to blather something about a fiber optic cable... Anyone know what that $200 would cover?

Thanks,
Tom

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
It would cover installation of parts and swapping out of equipment, if non SWM compatible, to get whole home setup.

Without information of what you have for equipment we can't tell you specifically.

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shades228 said:
It would cover installation of parts and swapping out of equipment, if non SWM compatible, to get whole home setup.

Without information of what you have for equipment we can't tell you specifically.
I currently have an HR23 connected to SL5 ODU (4 wires) and 2 old Tivo DVRs connected to a separate round dish at the other end of th house. Just ordered another HD DVR (free upgrade) and a HD Receiver to replace the Tivo DVRs. I told the customer service kid that I have the house pre-wired for SWiM and would need the installer to swap out the LNB of the SlimLine dish.

So the way I see it, I might need a couple of DECA boxes for the two HR's, if the installer brings an HR23 and H24?

·
Icon
1,083 Posts
LOL Dont be surprised if they screw up the LNB order. When I upgraded to SWM I told them I had the 4 wire LNB. On the order they showed that I had like a SWM 16 attached. Luckily he had a SWM LNB on the truck.

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. The kid on the phone didn't leave me with a great feeling of confidence (and he claimed to have once been an installer :yikes). Now I'm starting to think I probably should have done all of it myself.

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Xsabresx said:
LOL Dont be surprised if they screw up the LNB order. When I upgraded to SWM I told them I had the 4 wire LNB. On the order they showed that I had like a SWM 16 attached. Luckily he had a SWM LNB on the truck.
So, did you order the $199 Whole Home thing or did they backcharge you some amount for the SWM LNB?

·
Icon
1,083 Posts
I ordered the whole home upgrade. At the time I dont think it was $199 though. I think it was $149 but I got that upgrade including the cinema connection kit and two receivers for $85.

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
TAK3210 said:
I currently have an HR23 connected to SL5 ODU (4 wires) and 2 old Tivo DVRs connected to a separate round dish at the other end of th house. Just ordered another HD DVR (free upgrade) and a HD Receiver to replace the Tivo DVRs. I told the customer service kid that I have the house pre-wired for SWiM and would need the installer to swap out the LNB of the SlimLine dish.

So the way I see it, I might need a couple of DECA boxes for the two HR's, if the installer brings an HR23 and H24?
So for $199 you will get the following:

SWM LNB
3x Receiver DECA (If you don't get H24/HR24 or H25)
Cinema Connection Kit (if you want it connected to the internet)
Swap the old TiVo's for R16's (If you chose to keep them active and you would get a SWM 16)

The tech will not convert to SWM unless WHDVR is placed on the order or you exceed 8 tuners active on the account.

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
Xsabresx said:
I ordered the whole home upgrade. At the time I dont think it was $199 though. I think it was $149 but I got that upgrade including the cinema connection kit and two receivers for $85.
The price for MRV went from $149 to $199 the first week of Nov 2010.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.