DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally looking at upgrading to the Whole Home DVR. Currently have five DVRs:
1 HR20
1 HR21
1 HR22
2 SD DVRs

I talked with 2 CSRs tonight. One quoted $199 upgrade fee, $49 install plus $3/month. Second CSR quoted $99 upgrade fee, $49 install fee (but will waive that since I've been a member since 1998) and $3/month. Just when I was about to say "please schedule my install", she said "sorry, I misquoted you; that is $199 upgrade fee and $3/mo but we'll still waive the $49 install fee."

I thought the going rate for the upgrade was $99 plus $49 plus $3/mo. Am I wrong? (there was no discussion nor do I intend to replace the SD DVRs with HD (at this time)).

Do I spin the CSR roulette wheel again or is $199 the best I'm going to get?

· Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
There is a new higher price as shown in the link, but you should have refused to let them off the hook when they changed the price up.

I figure the new price is because they've been giving so many WH setups free -- now they can drop $100 and still get the planned price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.