DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, been along time since I posted. I have had whole home working for quite some time (2 HD DVR's and 5 HD recievrs). All the receivers could see the the 2 DVR's and stream from them. My main DVR (a HR24-500) was in my family room. I installed a new AVR and cleaned up my wiring and in the process I can't see the internet from my DVR's, none of them have 192.168.x.x IP address. Nothing has changed other than what I unplugged and reconnected in the family room. I had two coax's coming up from the SWiM, one went right into the DVR and the other into the powered DECA. My CAT5 was coming from the DECA to the DVR but I think that is where the error is as that still does not connect me to my router. So I connected the CAT5 that went to my DVR (from the powered DECA) to the switch. Now on the DVR status for Network it says no Ethernet connected. What am I doing wrong? Nothing has changed in the basement (where all the SWiM hardware and cabling is) or in the rest of the house just at my HR24. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get the internet connection working so I can use the iPad app.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
You'll need to post all the receivers please.
It sounds like the BB DECA isn't supplying the DHCP from your router.
Connecting ethernet to receivers can cause the DECA to be turned off.

It would help if you could post a [crappy] sketch of your layout/setup.

·
Icon
668 Posts
beckp said:
Hello All, been along time since I posted. I have had whole home working for quite some time (2 HD DVR's and 5 HD recievrs). All the receivers could see the the 2 DVR's and stream from them. My main DVR (a HR24-500) was in my family room. I installed a new AVR and cleaned up my wiring and in the process I can't see the internet from my DVR's, none of them have 192.168.x.x IP address. Nothing has changed other than what I unplugged and reconnected in the family room. I had two coax's coming up from the SWiM, one went right into the DVR and the other into the powered DECA. My CAT5 was coming from the DECA to the DVR but I think that is where the error is as that still does not connect me to my router. So I connected the CAT5 that went to my DVR (from the powered DECA) to the switch. Now on the DVR status for Network it says no Ethernet connected. What am I doing wrong? Nothing has changed in the basement (where all the SWiM hardware and cabling is) or in the rest of the house just at my HR24. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get the internet connection working so I can use the iPad app.
You have SWiM... you should never have an Ethernet cable connected to any of your receivers (unless it's the short one from a DECA). The Ethernet cable from your home network goes to your 'powered DECA' (CCK/ICK/Broadband DECA) which must be connected to a SWiM splitter somewhere. After all that plumbing is done, restart the receivers to get DHCP addresses.

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was the issue, having the Ethernet cable going straight to the DVR. I connected the cable from the powered DECA to the router. I had to reset all the receivers and start network services and all have come back but one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.