DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a couple of questions...Firstly, what's the general feeling regarding the HR34 working within the Whole Home DVR environment? I didn't want to get one when they first hit the market a few months back, because the HR34 wasn't compatible with the new guide, and there are always a few months worth of bugs to get out of any new DVR. I'm curious to know if I should wait another 3 months or so, or if it's in good enough shape to get one now?

My second question is.... I will be replacing two of my three current DVRs (which live in the same entertainment center) with the new HR34. Although I realize that I don't need to change my current 8X multi switch, because I will be going from 3 boxes and six tuners to 2 boxes and seven tuners, I do want a tech to come out and install the new HR34.

I not a tech guy, and I'd much rather have someone who knows what he's doing came and do the install. Will DirecTV schedule that for me, even though all I'm really doing is reducing the number of boxes by one?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,622 Posts
So as far as the current state of the HR34 and the software,it is now on the HD GUI but minus some of the extra features that are in the HR2x's like pandora. As far as MRV comparability it works great for me. No real issues with that that I have come across. I think in my opinion the HR34 is ready enough to replace your other 2 DVR'S. When it comes to installation, I don't think there will be a problem removing the 2 and putting in the HR34. If I was you I would pull those 2 that you want replaced before the tech arrives just to make it easier for him. Go ahead and pull the trigger and get 5 tuner heaven! lol

·
Godfather
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
litzdog911 said:
My HR34 works fine with my other WHDVR-networked DVRs and Receivers.

But you say you have a "multiswitch". Do you mean "single wire multiswitch"? The HR34 is not compatible with conventional multiswitch, only SWM.
Oh, yeah. It's a SWM. I should have made that clear. This all sounds promising. Thanks for the responses guys.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.