DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installer claims it's because I have the HR20-700S, which has to get the HD locals from the antenna which isn't even active yet. WTF? And yes he's still here and it's 12:44 am :eek2: :mad:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind. I found them. Not too happy. It's now 1 am and he was just drilling in my concrete and my wife and kid are trying to sleep.

Want to hear the best part? My install was scheduled for 1-5. He came around 9!

·
Legend
108 Posts
mtnagel said:
Nevermind. I found them. Not too happy. It's now 1 am and he was just drilling in my concrete and my wife and kid are trying to sleep.

Want to hear the best part? My install was scheduled for 1-5. He came around 9!
I feel your pain... you don't want to hear about my installer! Wait 'til you get to enjoy this great dvr! It's going to be a fun weekend for you! :) Hopefully your luck will be better than mine!

·
Legend
188 Posts
mtnagel said:
Installer claims it's because I have the HR20-700S, which has to get the HD locals from the antenna which isn't even active yet. WTF? And yes he's still here and it's 12:44 am :eek2: :mad:
Installer at your house at 1am and drilling through concrete???????????????????????? I suppose if you wanted it bad enough, but I think I would have told him to take a hike at 9 when he showed up. But I guess you probably didn't think he would still be there at 1am. I bet D* would get a kick out of hearing this one.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tommyb said:
Installer at your house at 1am and drilling through concrete???????????????????????? I suppose if you wanted it bad enough, but I think I would have told him to take a hike at 9 when he showed up. But I guess you probably didn't think he would still be there at 1am. I bet D* would get a kick out of hearing this one.
Yeah, I definitely didn't think it would take that long to install the new dish and multiswitch, and run two more lines for the HR20 (I am keeping the R10 as a backup). I figured maybe a couple hours. It took him 30 minutes just to put the dish together on my living room floor.

And yes I wanted it badly. It took 2 weeks to get this time and I took a half day today and I'm running out. Plus I actually wanted to watch some HD on my HDTV.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
litzdog911 said:
That's a very dedicated installer to be working past midnight on a Friday night!
I agree. :D Sounds as though the installer just abided by the customer's wishes............he wanted it badly. Personally i would have asked for another install day but when you want something bad enough, you just gotta put up with the inconvenience.

·
Legend
144 Posts
And I thought mine was bad, starting at 5:30 (from a 1-5) and going to 8:30. I still think you did the right thing and had him stick it out, otherwise you'd be looking at a date far down the road, I'm sure. If it makes you feel any better, I also had to hold a lantern and let the guy use my cordless drive because his battery went dead. I was willing to do whatever just to get it done, and done right. Sleep can be had sooner than a new install date, and at least he stuck it out...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uteotw said:
And I thought mine was bad, starting at 5:30 (from a 1-5) and going to 8:30. I still think you did the right thing and had him stick it out, otherwise you'd be looking at a date far down the road, I'm sure. If it makes you feel any better, I also had to hold a lantern and let the guy use my cordless drive because his battery went dead. I was willing to do whatever just to get it done, and done right. Sleep can be had sooner than a new install date, and at least he stuck it out...
That was my thought.

·
Godfather
302 Posts
I do have a question? Why does it not allow me to add my outside antenna to the menu? It will not illuminate the button to add this feature. My h20 has this feature and works but this new receiver does not. Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sat4r said:
I do have a question? Why does it not allow me to add my outside antenna to the menu? It will not illuminate the button to add this feature. My h20 has this feature and works but this new receiver does not. Thanks
OTA is not active on the HR20 yet. Search around, you'll see plenty of post about it.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
I feel your pain. I had an 8-12 time, and my installer didn't leave until almost 8PM. I had to ask him to leave, because he left my fence gate open and my dogs got lost in my neighborhood.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.