DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Godfather
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have MLBEI, but not SportsPack. When there is a Yankees game, I can watch it live on YES-HD, but when I try to record it (HR20-100, NR) , I get the message that I am not authorized.

I can, however, record it on the 700's channel. It would just be easier to schedule recordings on YES-hD instead of having to hunt for it on the EI channel.

· Registered
21,543 Posts
Interesting. The only way this could happen is if there is a "do not record" flag present in the YESHD feed, but not the EI feed of the same game. If so, I wonder who placed the flag there, DirecTV or YES?

I can understand you not being able to RECORD an RSN outside your home area, but I would think you couldn't watch it either. Can you see or record other MLB RSN's you wouldn't normally get? I'm not an EI subscriber, so I'm not exactly sure how it works. /steve

· Legend
159 Posts
I do hate to fraternize with Yankee fans :D , but I recently had the same problem with Red Sox games on NESN HD. And then as suddenly as the problem appeared, it went away. See my thread here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=132733

I'm hoping it was just a temporary glitch that doesn't come back. But yes, it sounds like they may have
some DRM-type function that got turned on by accident.

· Save the Clock Tower!!
2,256 Posts
If you have MLBEI, don't subscribe to the Sports Pack and YES is not your RSN, you can schedule recordings of Yankee games on YESHD in advance. The GUI will tell you that you're not authorized, but you can tell it to record anyway and it will record.

· Cool Member
13 Posts
EricRobins said:
I have MLBEI, but not SportsPack. When there is a Yankees game, I can watch it live on YES-HD, but when I try to record it (HR20-100, NR) , I get the message that I am not authorized.

I can, however, record it on the 700's channel. It would just be easier to schedule recordings on YES-hD instead of having to hunt for it on the EI channel.
I have had that problem with the RSNs and have had no luck getting it fixed. Yes, I have MLB EI. No I am not trying to watch blacked out games. The message I recieve is: "You are not authorized to record this program".

I called DTV and they had never heard of the problem. I emailed them and got no help at all. I read about a similar problem with NHL CI. I can't record on my HD DVRs but I can on my old DTV Tivo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.