Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Legend
164 Posts
Slacker242 said:
It's just blank.

I can get the game in regular but no HD
no sound or anything? Check cabling... signal strength and sat set up (119-110-129) Obviously you have an HD or HD ready tv and HD Box from Dish? Not missing much I'm watching and cant stand the cowboys!

·
Godfather
300 Posts
As far a national games go, yesterday's Steelers and Falcons game was hard to beat for HD quality. Wow, cbs looks awesome.

·
Super Moderator
53,143 Posts
Slacker242 said:
It's just blank.

I can get the game in regular but no HD
Can you be more specific as to where you were trying to watch the game? An OTA local or satellite HD?

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been unable to watch MNF on ESPN HD for the past 2 weeks. All my other HD channels come in fine. I have a 622 and 211 and 2 HDTV's. Neither TV could get the HD feed on ESPN. The game comes in fine on regular ESPN.

If I turn the HD ESPN on, the screen is blank and the the searching window pops up after a few minutes but never finds anything.

Very strange that only this channel as a problem and usually only on MNF. This morning the channel was still out though.

·
RichardParker II
939 Posts
Slacker242 said:
I have been unable to watch MNF on ESPN HD for the past 2 weeks. All my other HD channels come in fine. I have a 622 and 211 and 2 HDTV's. Neither TV could get the HD feed on ESPN. The game comes in fine on regular ESPN.

If I turn the HD ESPN on, the screen is blank and the the searching window pops up after a few minutes but never finds anything.

Very strange that only this channel as a problem and usually only on MNF. This morning the channel was still out though.
I have found that on my 622 the satellite signal is a lot weaker than all the others.
This is Sat110 Transponder 17. Perhaps you are experiencing this too. The best signal I get is just around 60 but sometimes lower. I think Dish needs to fix this but in the meantime, you might try to peak or tweak your dish for maximum output for that one channel.

I don't know what or where MNF is so can't comment on that. Oh, did you mean Monday night football? If so, yes, that is most important to be able to get in HD.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, MNF = Monday Night Football.

This is very frustrating. I'm not sure how I can tweak for just the ESPN HD channel. If someone can point me to a guide or walk me through it I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Godfather
292 Posts
Slacker242 said:
Yes, MNF = Monday Night Football.

This is very frustrating. I'm not sure how I can tweak for just the ESPN HD channel. If someone can point me to a guide or walk me through it I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Sounds like you should call Dish ASAP and have them send someone out to fix it before next Monday. That's the best way. If you don't know what you're doing, you'll only make things worse.

·
9 Posts
Grandude said:
I have found that on my 622 the satellite signal is a lot weaker than all the others.
This is Sat110 Transponder 17. Perhaps you are experiencing this too. The best signal I get is just around 60 but sometimes lower. I think Dish needs to fix this but in the meantime, you might try to peak or tweak your dish for maximum output for that one channel.

I don't know what or where MNF is so can't comment on that. Oh, did you mean Monday night football? If so, yes, that is most important to be able to get in HD.
While my picture does not go out, Sat 110 Trans7 is the lowest signal strength for me as well and in the mid 50's.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
The weak transponder 17 makes sense cause I've noticed that too. But that wouldnt explain it just going out for MNF in particular obviously. Might just randomly cause that channel to go flakey at any time.

Does Discovery HD always work? Thats on the same transponder too I believe.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Grandude said:

Actually its not any lower then other receivers. But they did to decide to use a different scale on the 622 then some of the others. This is not the first receiver they did that to. So on each model receiver the numbers are relative to other channels on the same series and not necessary between receivers.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
What signal strength number do you see on... tp. 17 .... satellite 110... if you go the system setup/installation/point dish menu and check that?

Something below 50 I trust to lose the channels altogether.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
It's nice that they are sending someone out but isn't gonna help much. The transponder # 17 is down in strength. There is another thread talking about this problem. Every one on that thread is listing what the strength is and how it has gone down around 20+ points in last couple wks. BTW if it is gonna cost you $$ I'd cancel cuz it won't change what's going on in orbit.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Where is that thread.. which forum?

And whats to say a lil tweaking might just not be the diff tween getting it or not even if it's ever so borderline.

Mines right about 52 which means I dont lose it except in inclement weather, but if my dish was tweaked ever so slightly I'd lbe liable to lose it at any time.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DP1 said:

And whats to say a lil tweaking might just not be the diff tween getting it or not even if it's ever so borderline.

Mines right about 52 which means I dont lose it except in inclement weather, but if my dish was tweaked ever so slightly I'd lbe liable to lose it at any time.
Mine is 45

And now it works. Both ESPN HD and Discovery HD work...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
DP1 said:

It is on a different site but here it is.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=80195

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Thank ya.

And yeah Slacker that number puts you in a very precarious situation.

I have kinda a half azzed install... stoopid long cable runs with legacy lnb's and switches with a number of TP's with low signal. But as long as they're above 50 I'm ok. When weather creeps them down into the mid/high 40's its problem time. Rarely ever happens though in this dry climate. Obviously if it was annoying I'd do something about it.

Hopefully your tech can tweak the dish just enough to pull at least a few more points out of it.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
I've got 92-94 on that TP and the picture is rock solid on both ESPNHD and Discovery HD. I'd be curious if everyone who has a problem with this TP is using a D1000???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.