DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Supreme Member
8,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really annoying. I have a 193MB .pdf file to upload to my Dropbox account, and no matter what I do, it won't upload. I've tried both the advanced upload method and the basic, after Dropbox told me there was a "flash error" and to upload using the basic method. The problem is, every time I try the basic method, after several minutes of trying, I get the error message of "Problem loading page...".

I've checked to make sure everything is fine with respect to the file and all else, but I haven't found any reason this should be occurring.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Does the file have any punctuation in the name? Might be a reserved character

· Registered
14,539 Posts
Is this any help?

https://www.dropbox.com/help/5/en
Is there a limit or maximum to how big my files can be?

Files uploaded to Dropbox via the desktop application have no file size limit.

Files uploaded through the website (by pressing the upload button) have a 300 MB cap. In other words, each file you upload through the website must be 300 MB or less.

All files uploaded to your Dropbox must be smaller than the size of your Dropbox account's storage quota. For example, if you have a Dropbox Free 18 GB (2 GB + 500 MB per referral) account, you can upload one 18 GB file or many files that all add up to 18 GB. If you are over your storage quota, Dropbox will stop syncing until you are below your limit.

· Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
WinZip or WinRAR does diddley for compressing PDF files. You maybe get 1-2% compression. Which sucks. it may fool the system tho.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,609 Posts
coldsteel said:
WinZip or WinRAR does diddley for compressing PDF files. You maybe get 1-2% compression. Which sucks. it may fool the system tho.
In this case, zipping is more about obscuring the content of a file than trying to make it smaller.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,609 Posts
P Smith said:
I would say it's two-fold approach; 7-Zip should pack it.
It has been well established that the size of the file isn't the issue.

Using some obscure compression scheme is rarely the answer; especially in an environment where many users on multiple platforms are sharing the files.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.