DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do channels - specifically my HD locals (MPEG 4 in LA) - just disappear?

I'm not talking "there one day, gone the next". I'm talking "I'm sitting here watching TV, the screen goes blank, changes to the lowest channel available, and the HD channel I was watching isn't in the channel guide anymore" kind of disappearing. Is this another HR20 bug?

I spent 15 minutes tonight explaining to my wife why we should be a little more patient with the HR20 before dumping DirecTV. And then in the past 10 minutes I lost the end of my delayed show when the HR20 started to record a new show (I don't care what the crowd says here, there's absolutely no reason the buffer should be lost when a new recording starts) and then the Fox HD local disappeared off the map while I was watching it. This thing is starting to parody itself.

·
AllStar
79 Posts
I have 3 DirecTiVos (SD) and I was getting 3 HR20s to replace them.
It appears I will be adding, not replacing with HR20s. For each HR20 we will keep the TiVo as a backup basically recording the identical programs.
It's kind of silly, but after working for ReplayTV and TIVo for over 7 years, I'm used to having redundant DVRs (DVRs with release code to back up the ones I'm testing.)

I really like the HR20. I hope that over time a majority of these problems are resolved and I'll be able to rely on the HR20 enough to unplug the TiVOs. Throwing away the buffer to start a recording is just plain stupid. That's DVR 101.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
There is no reason why they should "be dropping" like that.

How often is that occuring?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not terribly often, this is only the second time I've seen it happen. I posted the last time it happened, so it was a little less than a month ago. Both happened to be football games on Fox - one a Cowboys/Giants game and this one was the Orange Bowl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.