DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the CE from a week or so ago (0x274, the week of 9/5)

Many times when I turn my TV on, especially in the morning, it's playing channel 201 (the DVR instructional channel)

Not recording it, just playing. Freaking annoying.

Is this a known issue? Sorry, I tried searching for "201" but got thousands of results :)

Scott

· Tain't ogre til its ogre
14,768 Posts
I had this issue a long time ago, but I can not recall when specifically. As I recall it fixed itself (so to speak) when I installed the next CE.

Do you turn your DVR off in the evenings (standby mode)?

Try the DVR before bed to two channels consecutively, punch in 206 and 207, this will put both tuners on different channels you know of, and then check inthe morning. Also, check the history and see if there is any indications in there.

I can't recall, is there a startup channel setting? Are you using a remote that may do this?

Just a few suggestions to check...if they will help.

· Godfather
461 Posts
I think what is happening is the welcome video is recording every day or every other day in the showcase, or movies and more, area. If something is recording on the background tuner, the foreground tuner changes to the 201 channel to record the "latest" welcome video, but doesn't change back to the previous channel when it's finished. Just my guess after fooling around with it. I noticed it myself, but it went away with the latest CE.:)

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
AirRocker said:
When you put your DVR into standby the night before, is it on a channel that could possibly be turned off the next morning... like an MLB EI channel or something??
I've noticed this as well when leaving an NFLST channel tuned overnight. This is Standard Operating Procedure.

· Icon
752 Posts
This is happening on one of my hr20-700's even during the day it'll change. No big deal though its just the bedroom one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.