DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jets games have never looked good in HD, I live in NYC and have HD for 2 years or so. I got the HR20 this week hoping that CBS in MPEG4 would change that, it didn't. If you look in the guide, it doesn't even had HD next to it. Am I the only one who sees this ?
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
340 Posts
jerkieman said:
The Jets games have never looked good in HD, I live in NYC and have HD for 2 years or so. I got the HR20 this week hoping that CBS in MPEG4 would change that, it didn't. If you look in the guide, it doesn't even had HD next to it. Am I the only one who sees this ?
It is not being broadcast in HD. What you are seeing is an upconverted SD.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
jerkieman said:
I dont understand this, why would CBS not broadcast the JETS game in HD ? Can some explain to me why ?
Simple.....not enough equipment to handle all their games.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
209 Posts
CBS only does 3 games a week in HD. Just because you live in NY doesn't mean they will automatically put your game in HD. They pick the best matchups. NYJ vs Cleveland is pretty far down the list of good matchups this week.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Knepster said:
CBS only does 3 games a week in HD. Just because you live in NY doesn't mean they will automatically put your game in HD. They pick the best matchups. NYJ vs Cleveland is pretty far down the list of good matchups this week.
Yeah i do agree with you that it is far down the list. I'm just surprised that CBS can only do 3 games a weeks in HD. I wish the Jets were on Fox.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
600 Posts
Hopefully, the new sats will take care of that for next year. It is a bummer once you get used to watching a game in HD to have to watch it in SD! (I've only had HD for about a month and MAN have I gotten spoiled!)

The decisions as to which games will be in HD is based on interest and importance. If your team is having a less-than-stellar season and there are games which have better teams (especially as we get later in the season), regardless of size-of-market, that is how they decide.

I am also hoping that the quality of the picture improves once they have more sats available and they can reduce the amount of compression. Right now, sports from the HD locals in mpeg4 is pretty bad! The Sunday Ticket channels look pretty good though.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,120 Posts
D* can't do anything about the way they played. My Browns had them whooped from start to finish, even if they were robbed on that last non-catch in the end zone (he so would have come down in bounds).

Oh, you mean picture quality?
 

· Icon
Joined
·
600 Posts
You know, I didn't realize that FOX broadcasts all of their games in HD, and CBS is limited. I thought that they both picked and chose.

CBS needs to get with the program! They're not going to win an extension of their NFL contract if they aren't offering HD on all 6-8 games per week! The NFL will demand it. In fact, I'm surprised that their current contract doesn't require it. Besides, it's not as if they cannot afford to!
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
jovac said:
Being a Browns fan. I don't get many opportunities to gloat. Nothing personal. :)
I concur.

I do think Baker would have come down inbounds, but the Jets have been a surprise for far this season.

I know this is off the topic, but does anyone else think the Brows schedule is ridiculously hard?
 

· Legend
Joined
·
107 Posts
Valutime20 said:
I concur.

I do think Baker would have come down inbounds, but the Jets have been a surprise for far this season.

I know this is off the topic, but does anyone else think the Brows schedule is ridiculously hard?
Unbelievably hard schedule. Oh well, we weren't going to the SB this year anyways but it was nice to see some decent offense for once...even in SD.
 

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
Joined
·
9,882 Posts
NFLnut said:
You know, I didn't realize that FOX broadcasts all of their games in HD, and CBS is limited. I thought that they both picked and chose.

CBS needs to get with the program! They're not going to win an extension of their NFL contract if they aren't offering HD on all 6-8 games per week! The NFL will demand it. In fact, I'm surprised that their current contract doesn't require it. Besides, it's not as if they cannot afford to!
Been that way for a couple years now.
Fox does *up to* 6 games a week in HD. Once in a while on non-bye weeks they may have 7 games so that 7th is not in HD (usually Arizona).

CBS only does 3 games a week.
Why? Because they don't have the equipment at the network to do more then 3 HD streams from the network at any one time. Fox's splicer system doesn't have that limitation. If you want more gory details then you'd ever want to know search the AVS forums from about 2-3 years ago and you'll get all the technical details.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top