DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Vip 722 menu, on the "aim dish" screen, the only options I have is Dish 300, Dish 500, and Superdish, so what do I select if I have a Dish 1000.2? :confused:

I plan to move my dish this weekend from the eave mount to a pole mount and I want to get my specs correct for re-alignment.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
1000.2 isn't in the software, and if you can give me your zipcode and wait till tomorrow, i can get you the angles you need

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts

· Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gents!
Now if we can get E* to solve the local DMA situation for the N.O.LA. market which has been ongoing since 2006 :(

· Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huh, so the data shown is old or what mine is actually set to?

And if this is what it is set to maybe that explains my poor numbers? The one shown is the highest, BTW.

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
78 is the equivalent of 125 on the old software. As far as which one to select, just select Dish 500. The check switch will show the correct setup in most cases.

· Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
the settings on that screen in no way effect your actual performance. it is simply a testing screen

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Cursor over to the 500 dish and cursor down to a 300. Az should change to 225/226 and elevation change to 41 (no skew). Nothing changes on your equipment, except the values you should point at to hit 119 directly with a single dish. The Az and El for 119 is pretty much what you are aiming for with a 1000 dish - the midpoint of 110 and 129.

When you select 500, the display is the Az and El to get to the midpoint between 110 and 119, not where your dish is currently pointed, not what equipment is actually in use, ... Your 78 is fine, and should be a target value after moving as long as you stick on Tr 1 of the 119 sat.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
todbnla said:
Huh, so the data shown is old or what mine is actually set to?
The purpose of putting in your zip code and choosing the dish type was so that the receiver would give you the proper AZ/EL/Tilt settings for the dish in your area.

Since Dish hasn't added any of the new dishes released in the last 5 years or so, the database is no longer of much value. Techs quickly learn the dish settings for the area they work in, so they don't really need the receiver to tell them, and the dishes come with an installation manual (1000.2 manual linked in my post above) that lists all the zip codes and the proper dish settings for that dish. There are similar manuals for all of the other dish types too.

I imagine that Dish designed their receivers and didn't allocate enough room in the flash RAM to store the database info for additional dishes. Either that, or they've just been lazy about adding the information (though I'd honestly bet it's a technical limitation in the receiver hardware or OS).

In the end, as long as you aim your dish properly, you'll get the correct signals regardless of what the setup screen says. My techs never enter anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.