DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like here recently the 322's are taking forever to run the check switch w/ a dish pro plus lnb!!! I was @ an install today seemed like almost 5 mins to give back the results of my test. The signals were 105 on 119, but it took forever!

Any clues?

Thanks
Mike

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,868 Posts
mikemorin said:
Seems like here recently the 322's are taking forever to run the check switch w/ a dish pro plus lnb!!! I was @ an install today seemed like almost 5 mins to give back the results of my test. The signals were 105 on 119, but it took forever!
First, don't run a check switch regardless the personal enjoyment that it might bring. If you haven't added another dish, there's no need to run it.

Second, you shouldn't be seeing 105 with a DPP LNB. If you are seeing 105, this suggests that you have a modified SuperDish 105 and you should be seeing 110 also.

·
Legend
201 Posts
harsh said:
First, don't run a check switch regardless the personal enjoyment that it might bring. If you haven't added another dish, there's no need to run it.

Second, you shouldn't be seeing 105 with a DPP LNB. If you are seeing 105, this suggests that you have a modified SuperDish 105 and you should be seeing 110 also.
I believe he's getting 105 signal on the 119.
Some of the dual tuners are slow like that if they are
remans. If you let it download before the checkswitch
it is usually faster.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
I thought if 105 is connected it takes longer generally...

Thought it goes through 52 checks instead of 36 (or something like that)

I would think it's pretty normal for switch check to take somewhat longer, than if no 105 (or / nor 121 also) was connected..

5 minutes sounds about right anyhow, isn't it?

·
AllStar
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All i have hooked up is a 119 110 sat's on a dish 500 reflector. Nothing fancy here on the basic tv hookup's we do for people. Just the 3 slot doesnt have anything hooked up to it using a dpp plus lnb so we don't have to run dual cable to the 322.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Hmm.. "The signals were 105 on 119" .. "Doh!" is right!

Sorry... i misread this also

In any case though.. it took longer cuz of that more likely (whatever it is - "105 on 119") ... It just doesn't sound too kosher :)

·
Legend
212 Posts
For some reason whenever you have a DPP Twin with a 322, the swith check does take a long time. This is especially true if the 3rd port is not in use. If the 3rd port is used, like 61.5 or 129, the switch check seems to take the normal amount of time. 322s have done this for as long as I have worked with them.

If you really want slow, try running a switch check on a 322 connected to a DPP 44 switch with only 2 input ports in use. Pack a lunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.