DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does DTV have to remove everything when you want to make a change? I called to get rid of ST and in the process it seems premium channels & HD extra were added by mistake. Now I'm going to have to call back to have them fix the mistake and then call again to fix $10 fee they will charge for not keeping the premium channel 30 days. Direct tv is great as long as you don't have to deal with them.:nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,345 Posts
SAFOOL said:
Why does DTV have to remove everything when you want to make a change? I called to get rid of ST and in the process it seems premium channels & HD extra were added by mistake. Now I'm going to have to call back to have them fix the mistake and then call again to fix $10 fee they will charge for not keeping the premium channel 30 days. Direct tv is great as long as you don't have to deal with them.:nono2:
They dont, but certain changes... like removing Sunday Ticket, are a big deal.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
But they should be able to set up their systems/train their people so that every time there is any change made they don't hose up the whole account. I haven't had to deal with any of that, but even I'm getting frustrated over just reading the sheer volume of posts of where a simple change gets so thoroughly screwed up.

·
Godfather
499 Posts
To err is human. It takes a computer to really screw things up.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,050 Posts
JLucPicard said:
I haven't had to deal with any of that, but even I'm getting frustrated over just reading the sheer volume of posts of where a simple change gets so thoroughly screwed up.
If you're frustrated reading about it, imagine being on the other side where you are actually impacted by it. Every change screws stuff up. Trying to correct the screw ups results in more stuff getting screwed up. It takes six months to end the vicious cycle. And by then, another receiver hard drive has failed and you have to start the whole thing all over again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.