DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting 110, 119 & 61.5 with my PVR 721, and I verified this by doing a check switch. However, none of the 61.5 channels are showing up on my channel guide, nor can I tune to any of them. What's the deal??

· Icon
955 Posts
What channels are you looking for? If there are any locals on 61.5 for your area they should be in the "All Channels" or "All Sub" lists. If not, the 721 isn't "seeing" 61.5 regardless of the switch test.

I haven't played with a 721 yet but on the other rcvrs the Int'l Ch's show up in red in the "All Ch's" list to show that you can get them but don't subscribe to them.

You may need to call your dealer or installer or try "Tech Support" @ the 800#.

· AllStar
66 Posts
I agree with HTguy, look at how you've got your guide set up.

It needs to be set to All Channels or All Sub, not to your favorite Channel settings unless you have them programed in.

My guess is someone was looking at the guide and hit the button again and made the guide switch to another user &/or setting ( such as favorite channels)

· Legend
125 Posts
It's set to All Channels. Shouldn't I be seeing the HD channels (9430, 9440) listed on the guide though, even though I'm not a subscriber and don't have the model 6000? What are some channels that I should definitely see on the guide?

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
No you cannot see the HDTV channels on ANY Dish receiver except the 6000 (or 5000 if it has the HDTV adaptor). Unless you have the capability to get the channel it will not show up on the guide.

The Sky Angel channels (9700 block) will not show up on the guide unless you subscribe to Dominion's Sky Angel DBS service since they are NOT Dish Network channels.

None of the local channels at 61.5° will show up on your guide unless they are in your area (DMA)

You should see a lot of channels in the 580-619 and 640-691 in red. These are all available to all subscribers. Channel 580 is a Barker Channel for international channels and viewable by all. If you can see that channel, you are seeing 61.5°.

Also, if you have AT50 or better, you should be seeing channels 9416-9418

Finally, PPV movie channel 533 and PPV sports channels 536-538 should be visible.

Channel 640 has about 4 hours of free TV J available and it it viewable to all.

Click on the EKB link at the top of the page here and follow the "What's on 61.5°" link in the programming section to see what's available out there.

See ya
Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.