DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back a few months ago, when DirecTV10 was being ramped up, there was a 'billboard' channel' (In HD) somewhere in the 90's or thereabouts, listing the new channel adds. It was a fine place to tell folks (i.e., subscribers) to go and see 'whats up'.

I expected there to be something like it, or simply just like it, as they started to ramp up DirecTV11, but nothing I can see. Most subscribers don't or won't find out what's up, until they trip across it either on the news (extremely rare) or in a newspaper (even MORE extremely rare).

The Public/Customer Relations at DirecTV needs to get their act together. Sending out 'press releases' and being done with it doesn't count in the real world.

· Registered
31,115 Posts
1948GG said:
Back a few months ago, when DirecTV10 was being ramped up, there was a 'billboard' channel' (In HD) somewhere in the 90's or thereabouts, listing the new channel adds. It was a fine place to tell folks (i.e., subscribers) to go and see 'whats up'.

I expected there to be something like it, or simply just like it, as they started to ramp up DirecTV11, but nothing I can see. Most subscribers don't or won't find out what's up, until they trip across it either on the news (extremely rare) or in a newspaper (even MORE extremely rare).

The Public/Customer Relations at DirecTV needs to get their act together. Sending out 'press releases' and being done with it doesn't count in the real world.
Actually posting new channels added someplace, perhaps on their information channel...is a great idea IMHO.

That said, we get great information here too...but for the general population...a good idea indeed. :)

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Agree.

There should be a pop-up, if you bring the box out of standby.
There should be a message in the message folder.
And there certainly could be a banner in the guide (please, don't throw anything at me!)

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I suspect there will be more of a high-profile message after there are more channels to talk about.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Why doesn't D* use the mail feature built into the IRD?

· Godfather
411 Posts
Ken S said:
I agree...when there is a channel change...even a small one...why not send a system message? I don't think we need banners, etc...but use the message system...isn't that what it was intended for?
what if the first one to read the message doesn't pass it on to everyone in the house?
and deletes it?
i guess having a channel with billboards is better...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.