DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does it take for FSN North to actually broadcast a Twins game in HD??? They finally launch the 24/7 HD regional sports networks and not even a quarter of the games have been in HD, in my market. We just got done with the biggest series of the year and not a single one of them was in HD?

If they have the technology to broadcast some of the games in HD, why don't they broadcast ALL the games in HD???? It's really starting to make me mad.

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
From my experience with the Reds, more games were broadcast in HD this year than last, that's for sure. Still, just 71 out of 145 televised games were in HD.

Some regionals did more HD, others did less. FSN North only scheduled 65 games in HD for 2008. But I believe that was actually slightly more than half the total games carried by the RSN. I'm not aware if other stations that carried Twins games did so in HD.

From my understanding there aren't enough HD production trucks available to broadcast every game, every night in HD. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. How the trucks are allocated, I haven't a clue.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
FOX is in the process of upgrading and building a new broadcast center, I believe in Houston or Dallas and until it is completed they have been rotating between their RSN's the number of HD feeds they currently have. I understand that when it is completed they will have the needed capacity to telecast nearly all events in HD. The time line for completion was to be before MLB opening day in the spring.

· Mentor
31 Posts
I have the EI package and wanted to catch the Twins/Sox games but I had to choose between no HD on the Twins feed and Homer Harrelson in HD. HD won.

What I shoud have done was watch the picture on the Sox feed and the audio from the Twins feed. Why didn't I think of that last night? Oh that's right, I was watching USC take a dump on the 2nd TV.

· Godfather
375 Posts
mtm said:
What does it take for FSN North to actually broadcast a Twins game in HD??? They finally launch the 24/7 HD regional sports networks and not even a quarter of the games have been in HD, in my market. We just got done with the biggest series of the year and not a single one of them was in HD?

If they have the technology to broadcast some of the games in HD, why don't they broadcast ALL the games in HD???? It's really starting to make me mad.
Boy I hear ya loud and clear on this one
Shame on FSN!!!!!.:nono2:

· Mentor
33 Posts
davring said:
FOX is in the process of upgrading and building a new broadcast center, I believe in Houston or Dallas and until it is completed they have been rotating between their RSN's the number of HD feeds they currently have. I understand that when it is completed they will have the needed capacity to telecast nearly all events in HD. The time line for completion was to be before MLB opening day in the spring.
This is true. One advantage of living in Houston - even with the current production facility - is that we got every single Astros home game in HD this year. When they get the office built it will be that way for everyone!

Be patient!

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
davring said:
I thought this FOX place in Houston was built and completed earlier this year. I thought that was one of the reasons we got so many MLB games in HD this season and so many NHL games in HD near the end of last (2007-2008) season.

Is this place not yet completed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.