DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would think if you are going to Beta test the software you would send it to areas that do not have DirecTV HD Locals and can only receive them via OTA. It's more likely that the OTA viewers could give you a little more feedback of how the software is working with OTA. The HD local viewers watch HD through Satellite I would assume they don't even have an antenna for locals.

Just a thought...you can send it to my zipcode 33966, I'll test it for you OTA is the only way for me to view locals.

I guess tonight we will find out if we have to wait longer...

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum, luisonline!

DirecTV's logic doesn't always make sense to us subscribers. All we can figure, is, they rolled out everything else to LA first, including getting the original HR20's to southern California before everything else, so why break up the pattern? There are a lot of subscribers in the area, so it's good for testing.

You're right, I'm in the LA area and am spoiled silly with locals from the satellite. As much as I'm enjoying the new HD channels and subchannels I get now, you're right, it might have made sense to send them to you or another market with no locals.

All I can do is say, be patient, it's coming.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Not all markets have every network HD signal, we do not have the HBC-HD signal here because of the station owner. So I can understand why OTA would be desirable even if the market is getting the MPEG-4 signals.

·
Legend
206 Posts
:money: :money: LA probably gets it because of the subscriber base and the subscriber income level that I doubt is matched equally in numbers throughout the country.

In addition LA is perfect since we have both the new HD locals and OTA options for each and every station in most regions.

I wonder if Earl knows how many HR20s are sold in each state so far?

I will bet LA and NY are tops on the list per capita.

Earl...Earl...Earl?:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.