DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a simple matter of giving customers a date far enough in the future to prevent future disappointment?

Why did DirecTV give dates into 2007 for OTA and then start rolling it out only a few weeks later?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
As I stated a few times in the other "discussions"

It is a case of one side of the company, not talking to the other.

· Icon
Dish Hopper 3, Dish Hopper Plus (sort of), Denon AVR-6500H HT receiver, Klipsch speaker system
730 Posts
I think it's more of them trying to look like Scotty, the miracle worker. After all he always multiplied his repair estimates by a factor of four too. :D

· Registered
5,952 Posts
rtphokie said:
Is it a simple matter of giving customers a date far enough in the future to prevent future disappointment?

Why did DirecTV give dates into 2007 for OTA and then start rolling it out only a few weeks later?
In any large corporation when the choice for any course of action that looks suspicious comes up and the choice for cause is in question, follow this rule of thumb:

Incompetence is always more likely than an organized conspiracy.;)

(In other words, Earl is right):)

· Hall Of Fame
1,060 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It is a case of one side of the company, not talking to the other.
If you've never worked in a huge company, you can have no idea how difficult communication can be. People at all levels (VP to CSR) will release info whether entitled or not. Rumors get published as fact. Any every story has a willing and receptive audience ready to pass it on.

I think that most of the communication problems people complain about fron D* are likely attributable to these "facts".

In other words, Earl is right.

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Well, if you think about, let assume the rollout has some problems and they need to work on a fix. That would push it back to 2007 right there as there are only 3 weeks left in the year and Christmas week off. Even if all things go well it won't be available to everyone until probably the end of next week. Again, pretty close to 2007. So having the CSRs say 2007 is being safe in case there are problems and even with no problems it's still close. :)

· Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
Wow thats just way to many Earl is right comments. His ego is going to get so big soon we will need to enlarge the pipe size here for him to fit in the forum. :lol:

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Clint Lamor said:
Wow thats just way to many Earl is right comments. His ego is going to get so big soon we will need to enlarge the pipe size here for him to fit in the forum. :lol:
That's OK Clint, he's still recovering from the firestorm produced by the CSR generated 2007 debacle. :D

· Banned
1,614 Posts
I remember way back when the first DIRECTV/TiVo Standard defintion DVRs came out the dual tuners weren't enabled initally.

I hope someday we'll all sit back and laugh about how when we all bought the HR20s the OTA wasn't even enabled yet. :)

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
glennb said:
I remember way back when the first DIRECTV/TiVo Standard defintion DVRs came out the dual tuners weren't enabled initally.

I hope someday we'll all sit back and laugh about how when we all bought the HR20s the OTA wasn't even enabled yet. :)
Not to rub anyone's face it in it, but I already am. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.